xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
LocalSeer

U.s. Military Why they cant do anything right

The problem with the military isn't that they mess up countries like Iraq, it's cause they can't do a stupid single thing. I WAS thinking of joining, so I go to a recruiter and what do they tell me, I can't join cause of my Polish passport cause Poland is listed as a "hostile or unstable country". Poland's had a freakin' destroyer and special ops teams in Iraq when no one but Britian would lift a gun when U.S. invaded.This ain't no communist time, ain't no way to treat your ally. :P So the recruiter calls up some higher person, and they don't know what the hell is Poland doing on the list and no one knows what to do. Everyone is like whatever and drive me down to miami HQ I take a freakin' test get like 98/100 guy says I can probobly sign a contract for anything I want and then when It's the last test physical doctor says recruiters bleeped up and I'm missing ONE paper about ankle surgery. They make me sign a paper that I can walk without support and crap when the doctor can see me walk jump and do whatever he freakin' wants me to. Then the paper gets sent to tennessee and I haven't heard since, so much for the great American Military.On top of that I can't find the forsaken credits, did search where some guy pointed to the forum index but I don't see my *darn* number in the whole page. :P

i put it like ths dude don't join the military is screwed up from recruiting until you decided to get out. my military career was hell, i thank god for this back injury of mine, don't have to worry about going back to iraq.

now to shouw your credits click here look for HOSTING CREDITS you cannot miss it its right below the shoutbox.

I like the military and i understand why they do the thigns they do. if it was 5 years ago u would have no problem getting in but since 9/11 everything has been messed up. I wouldnt join the military eventhough i want to because they brain wash you to join it. u see those commercials thy r prainwashing you eventhough you may not see it. dont worry if u cant join the military in a few years it will be mechnized ne way and there will be no need for loss of human life. But it is wrong u should beeeeeable to join if you want.

The United States military is probably not as bad as you make it out to be. There are extreme cases of everything such as being singled out at airport security. It happens there is not really anything you can do about it except move on with your life and hope the cercumstance does not repeat its self. I do agree that you had a pretty awful experience though.

I have so many mixed feelings on the military right now. Don't get me wrong, I support our troops and all....but do you think any of them have wonder "what the *bleep* are we still doing here?". Defending our country is one thing, but being used as a puppet by the US government because they want to throw their views and ways of living into a completly different country really gets to me. Our government is on such a power-trip, that they're willing to keep troops over there (mind you, the U.S. body-count is 2000+ now) until they have "peace" over there. Wasn't the origional job to take out Sadaam, have a few beers, and leave? Correct me if I'm wrong there.....

because they brain wash you to join it.

Remember back in the day where they had the draft? Since they can't force people to join anymore, they push as hard as they can in every way, shape, and form. I can't even listen to Godsmack anymore without thinking "Gee, it kinda sounds nice....I wanna be stuck over there!"

heh, I'd never consider joining the us military even if all of the $$ of me and my relatives dissapeared--But of course, my idea might change if the time actually comes...I mean, its not just "joining the military" its joining it for a cause thats not very...good.Shame on Poland for going into the ME :P --They should have done what Turkey did...Say "Maybe..." Then hold the decision at congress until the US doesn't want help anymore :P

I wouldn't join the military for political reasons or anything like that. I would join it for one reason.... To killi know it may seem sick and crude to some but it is just human nature to want to kill. All the violent video games a movies help feed our hunger this but for some need more. but back on topicThe US army is doing a damn good job, it is just the presidents fault for getting us involved in Iraq in the first place.i mean sit back in and think about it. What as the army or marines or navy or airforce done wrong? Nothing they have done their job well. Don't blame them for the goverments fault.O well, but mark my words. There will be a bloody war between NATO, and china and communist allys. People say im crazy, but 20 even 15 or possibly 10 years down the line i see it a real possiblity. That is gonna be the bloodist thing this world have ever seen. The cold war isnt over yet...

Governments also know that there will be another big war, even better, they are setting it up as we speak. Why else would they still manufacture weapons and brainwash the public to join the armies. Here in holland, they broadcast commercials about how great, how fun and all that the army is. Commercials for all divisions, the infantry, the airforce and the navy :D Heh and we as public help them with it as well, I have observed it some time, but what I see is that this brainwashing goes back to childhood... Kids playing with wartoys, like guns, tanks, little soldiers, knives and the list goes on and in puberty we let them play America's Army, Counterstrike, Quake, Halo and all those wargames. I have a son as well, he got a bag of toys with Christmas from some far relatives and there also were plastic guns in it... I threw them away! Really makes me sick to see what our society/"civilization" is doing and where we are going.

Was it the army? it's gotta be the army.The army can do nothing right. the reason Iraq got so screwed up is because we used the army, and the Marines.If the Navy, and only the navy, was used we'd be in and out without any problems.we should've sent in two carrier divisions, one submarine devision, and a battleship devision. Oh yeah, and 20 SeAL teams.Bombard the capital with naval shellings and airial attacks, send in the SeALs to KILL (NOT ASSASSINATE, BUT KILL!!) Saddam and his little minions, pull everyone out, and nuke the place. Simple as that.----------EASIER WAY----------Nuke the capital, then nuke the rest jof the country. Then move on to Afghanistan and nuke them too.after all is said and done, nuke the french. We'll still have like 50,000 nukes left. so if the UN (communits) tell us to stop, nuke them all. We win. they lose.

seer: don't worry, there are always better things to do than joining an army...horus: congratulations to your decision to throw those war"toys" away but there's quite a difference between playing children and killing machines. A children's game is interrupted when one is injured, war continues. Children are not as stupid as many people think they are (well, at least some ... there are always some who blindly follow their leader...)evangelion: I hope this was a joke. A somewhat bad one... fasdsffasda: I hope there won't be such a war ... but if there is, I'll definitely keep the promise I made to the germany army when I wrote my letter asking to be recognized as conscious objector: "No matter whether you accept my decision to refuse serving in any army other than the Rebel Clown Army, I will do my best to disturb any army which tries to operate from the area around me. If you turn my request down, I swear that I will do my very best to destroy as much of your war machinery as possible..."by the way, did you know that during the last year, the local army training ground was disturbed by someone shooting red signal ammo into the night? [at least in the germany army that means something "everyone stop doing whatever you're doing and wait for orders"] :D

What service were you trying to join? Well that sucks.. I hope nothing goes wrong when I try to join the Navy :/Just wondernig, what did you get on your ASVAB?

Was it the army? it's gotta be the army.

The army can do nothing right. the reason Iraq got so screwed up is because we used the army, and the Marines.

If the Navy, and only the navy,  was used we'd be in and out without any problems.

we should've sent in two carrier divisions, one submarine devision, and a battleship devision. Oh yeah, and 20 SeAL teams.

Bombard the capital with naval shellings and airial attacks, send in the SeALs to KILL (NOT ASSASSINATE, BUT KILL!!) Saddam and his little minions, pull everyone out, and nuke the place. Simple as that.

----------EASIER WAY----------

Nuke the capital, then nuke the rest jof the country. Then move on to Afghanistan and nuke them too.

after all is said and done, nuke the french. We'll still have like 50,000 nukes left. so if the UN (communits) tell us to stop, nuke them all. We win. they lose.

216566[/snapback]

Uhm... and that's what i mean with unfair...

The US wants no country to have nukes, and have lots of them themselves.

They tell about the axis of evil, while they hunger for power themselves (the government).

Only good thing is that they don't give the red button to evangelion :D

horus: congratulations to your decision to throw those war"toys" away but there's quite a difference between playing children and killing machines. A children's game is interrupted when one is injured, war continues. Children are not as stupid as many people think they are (well, at least some ... there are always some who blindly follow their leader...)

I know and I remember also playing with those kinda toys... But seeing the world as it is now, with all the warmongers, frightens me. I want him to know the value of life, not the value of death and destruction.

If it wasn't for some situations wich occured from wich I saw the world in another perspective (thank God), I would be in the army now as well, cuz as a child I was playing with plastic guns ans such and I really wanted to join the army when I was 'grown' up lol.

I know it's a Utopia, but all countries should dismantle their armies, or join them all together. What if there are hostile aliens? They just wait for us to kill ourselves :D

But serious, I think there will be a day in wich the Human race will be more peacefull, but that will be after WWIII, wich is bound to happen and might kill over 50% of the Earth's population. Not really something we're waiting for, but we have the choice ourselves.

Well i think that the biggest problem with American army is AT THE TOP. And lets see who is at the top - noone else than Bush and all the other top-generals there!I think that is sooo not right that those american generals force their own soldiers in such missions that involve killing civilians without soldiers even knowing it! I think that soldiers are more or less innocent because they just performs what they have to...those who plan and strategicly guide missions are those who should be sent to jail!no offence..

Uhm... and that's what i mean with unfair...[...]
They tell about the axis of evil, while they hunger for power themselves (the government).
[...]

well ... I'm not finished with thinking this through but as long as a government and the people of a nation call it a democratic nation, it should not be possible to make a difference between the people's will and governmental actions since the people, by the meaning of the word "democracy", "ruling of the people", is the government. Therefore a democratic government which hungers for power is always backed by a people which wants this power.
I know that there's <strike>always</strike> sometimes some kind of discussion whether a governmental action is "right" or "wrong" and I'll be glad about any corrections made on this theory but up to now, I think that this theory applies at least when you look at a country from the outside...

[...]I think that soldiers are more or less innocent because they just performs what they have to...those who plan and strategicly guide missions are those who should be sent to jail!

There was a time when I thought just like that but: Does being part of a hierarchy really relieve you from the need to use your own common sense? I mean, the soldiers in Abu Ghurayb did only what they had to do (didn't they?). The german Wehrmacht, SA and SS 70 years ago did only what it had to do, didn't they? Does this make them innocent? (ok, the Wehrmacht was a draft army so that's kind of an excuse...)