xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
JC05

Notebook Or Laptop? Which one is it?

o.k. everyone, I saw that alot of people here use the term "laptop" ALOT! Soo I've wanted to ask the question, Is it Laptop Or Notebook? Cause I thought they started using Notebook instead of Laptop. You know, old fashion I guess. Soo tell me your opinion plz.

often looks from it shape we call it notebook which mean very convenient and smart.laptop is to be described as a mobility computer.as you know large screen laptop is more popular especially the widened screen.but we should not call them notebook cas they are too big not like a notebook,not taking along conveniently.

WHAT! The new notebook computers are very SMALL and very CONVENIENT! My mom just got a new Notebook computer and it is a lot more covenient then trying to pack up my computer! OOPS! Not a very good example. We have a ME edition notebook computer and it is a lot bigger then my moms and dosn't have the space my moms has.

I guess it now falls into a matter of preference, they both denotes the same thing, I for one sometimes call them laptop but most of the time it is notebook for me, never did I encounter someone not being able to understand what I mean.

yeah i agree with believer it depends what you want to call it alot of computer companies are calling them notebooks even though your typing and not writing. i know bad joke.

We could just start calling it a mobile computer? The problem i see is we are getting smaller, not more compact. We want larger screens to see more and movies are better to watch. Instead of making the computer more compact, we cut it out and make it smaller.

I think both the terms used here are correct. Some people prefer to call it notebook which is very convenient and userfriendly name which is nothing but a laptop. It is how people actually wanted to call it. For example, in the far east and eastern countries like Japan and Korea (may be including CHinese) they use the term Notebook very often while in the west and other countries more people use the term laptop. Some people also called small laptop say less than 12 inches monitor laptop as notebook since it just look like a notebook while bigger ones are called laptop. As for me, I just use the word laptop which I own one.

I always thought that companys had to stop calling them laptops and start calling them notebooks because people kept complaing and sueing companys for describing them as LAP TOPS (meaning to be placed on top of the lap), and when you sit a Laptop or Notebook on your lap for extended periods it gets really hot and can burn you.

But I guess thats noit true because some companys still call them Laptops

right now i think most people call it notebook..especially those new product which is getting smaller and smaller..for example the one from sony vaio...but before calling it a laptop than a notebook is more decent because of it size....just my opinion

lol I don't think it really matters at all. Maybe some companies call them notebooks because they are smaller. Maybe some call it a notebook computer because it sounds more proffesional or because they are just what they are called, a computer with small size and holds stuff like a notebook, not necassarily games. I personally call them all laptops because they can sit on the top of your lap when you use them. I really don't think it matters.

As I know, laptops are portable computers that can be used anywhere anytime.Notebooks on the other hand is also a portable computer, but can only be used where there are wall plugs. B) I might be wrong, but that's what i heard. B)