xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
lipid

Xbox 360 Question Keyboard and Mouse support?

The reason microsoft doesn't allow keyboard and mouse support is because they want people to buy their controllers, if you could use any $5 keyboard and $5 mouse with any xbox, they lose around $30 per xbox360, there are 11 million xbox 360s sold in north america, so that's 330 million dollars in jeopardy jsut so some people can use mouse and keyboard for FPS... I Personally will buy a third party peripheral like the XCM XFPS but don't hold your breathe for Microsoft to come out and support K&M it just wont happen.

If they added keyboard and mouse support then of course people would still buy their controllers, because remember that you need at least two controllers to play with your friend in co-op for instance!-JNokikana

Don't buy XCM's XFPS.Imagine playing a pc game but your mouse jumps 20 pixels at a time, no smooth aiming, sniping is impossible. The only advantage that XCM's XFPS gives is that you can turn around really fast just like with a PC game, but with the "deadzones" of the mouse it is simply a worthless paperweight for me, I'm better off with the xbox controller, and I suck with the xbox controller.Now as far as losing money because PC users would own the controller users, its possible to separate the populations. I myself am a PC gamer but as my responsibilities grew my disposable income shrunk. I don't want to spend a grand every year upgrading my PC. I'd buy a next-gen console every other year if I could use the keyboard and mouse to play xbox games with other keyboard and mouse xbox users, or even PC gamers.Xbox could still take over the livingroom, but they could also dominate the PC gaming market as well, both with the 360.Imagine buying orange box for the 360 that came with a CD to install the an orange box server on one of your PCs, then sticking the xbox game in your xbox, and with keyboard and mouse, play your orange box online, on a player hosted PC.Dude, they'd blast open the PC market with a flood of new PC gamers.[note=Approved by BH][/note]

Now I read and reread everyone post .Some of you had great points and some of you simply threw out half baked ideas that would make a cocked chicken cry.As for MS supporting keyboard and mouse , forget about it.It will never happen. I read someone's post and I agree with the fact that ms wont make enough money selling their controllers. Secondly most of the computer games are designed for pc. Most pcs operate with windows as thier main platform. Most windows are supported by a ms mother board and most viruses aim for destroying your mother board.What I am trying to say is that ms make more money just selling the console the way it is than to start supporting KB & Mice. They would gain alot of xbox gamers yet lose lots of pc customers that regularly spend over 1k a year updating parts and pieces of their computer.In case you didn't know Nvidia and ATI and particularly owned by MS as well. So to draw a conclusion on this question its like the fact with gas prices. WE have new energy sources yet we wont realize them because most of republicans own the gas industries and they can not afford to lose money.Big bs companies sets rules and us consumers are trapped and have no choice but to follow. They force the consumer into what they advertise baised on their own economical strategies and not what the consumer needs and wants .-reply by Xbox Is in my blood

MS bring out a mouse and keyboard then all us controller gamers will be because everyone knows that a mouse and keyboard gives a huge advantage, thats why they slow down the console versions of 1st person shooters, if you don't belie me play cod4 on pc and then on 360, theres a huge difference in aiming speed due to how much easier it is with a mouse, controllers are for skilled players, mice will ruin the 360 community-reply by dave

Keyboard and Mouse

Xbox 360 Question

I have used only mouse and keyboard since Doom, I recently purchased a 360 this past Christmas and I have since learned to play FPS pretty good. RTS games is another question, a keyboard and mouse makes this type of game more feasible, and enjoyable. I still prefer a mouse and keyboard for FPS as well. I have switched to only console gaming.

-reply by Trekster

Xbox 360 Keyboard&Mouse support

Xbox 360 Question

If microsoft doesnt want to include in-game keyboard and mouse support, and once again try to monopolize gaming platforms. Guess what ? there are several other companies listed on http://www.modchip.com/ that actually came out with an accessory product for the 360s which lets you play fps-games with a keyboard and a mouse. There Microsoft loses to smaller companies. Why? because they were being ignorant, also these accessories on http://www.modchip.com/ go for $80.00 on every sale of the profit these companies make is a loss for Microsoft, because they should have been doing this in the first place. Microsoft lost my respect first VISTA, then THIS. Watch in 2010 SEC will come out with a console that has in-game keyboard and mouse support. If not for Bungie Microsoft was done, HALO 3 was the main reason why many people bought the 360s. If anything they sould be considering this and start their work on a mod-for in-game keyboard and mouse support and include this in their next-gen xbox or else bow-down to sony in 2010.

-reply by Carbine

A ruin?.. NEVER...What MS should be to do, is use SEPARATE SERVERS... IN XBOX LIVE..- DIFERENT SERVERS FOR KEYPADS GAMERS .- DIFERENS SERVERS FOR MOUSE /KEYBOARD GAMERS...Very easy.. No advantage for nobody... Separate servers.I LEFT XBOX-LIVE because I don't like play FPS with KEYPAD, I hate keypad for FPS.WHY CAN'T I PLAY WITH A SMOOT MOUSE AT MY CONSOLE, LIKE MY PC ?If MS gave support to MOUSE I'll reconnect to XBOX-LIVE again.-reply by angeloxo

Replying to Trap FeedBacker Skill has nothing to do with it because with enough practice any one can become skilled. It's only natural that FPS games be played with keyboard and mouse since the days of Doom (which in my opinion started it all when you talk FPS games). Keyboard/mouse does not give anyone the advantage because anyone would be able to have the same advantage which doesn't give any single person the edge. Just stick to what you like best. And yes, XFPS does sell an adaptor that lets you use a mouse/keyboard, the only thing is that the headset won't work via the adaptor.-reply by Reaper

Necroposting FTW

Xbox 360 Question

A bit late I know, but hopefully it will be of interest to someone :P

Surely the reason why MS isn't letting us play games using k&m on the XBox 360 is because if they did, their profits from gamers would go way down. The ability to play games well is a large advantage Windows comps have over Macs. If you could play on your XBox 360 with a k&m it would severely damage their PC software revenues.

Basically if you have to use a controller to play on XB360 then having both the console and the PC for games makes some kinda sense as they have different capabilities. Now that consoles are so powerful, they gap has closed between them and PCs. If people have both a PC and an XB360 its more money for MS.

If your PC didn't have to play games (cos you could do everything on the XB360) you would probably upgrade it less and therefore, not need another copy of Windows. Or you might buy a mac cos the sucky games support was stopping you. Either way, MS loses out.

So in a word, it's another greedy corp protecting it's interests at the cost of it's consumers. In this case, the humble gamer.

-reply by Amikus

Ok, it's not just because Microsoft is being greedy, its also because the controller vs the EXACT movement of a mouse is unfair and unwise to put up against each other, with a mouse you can make a quick movement and you completely turn around, you cant even do that at max sensitivity with a controller.Put simply...They have more reasons than the money.