xisto Community
JohnBoy

Easiness Of Php I love PHP

I really like PHP because it is easy to edit, create, write. One thing I like about it is that you can add both PHP and HTML into a standard PHP file. What do you think about that?Post your comments below...

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
"I Like!" is not a title that is acceptable here. Please make your title descriptive AND constructive.
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

It is useful being able to dip in and out of HTML and PHP, but its a generally accepted standard to put all the HTML in echo() commands. It just makes it all look neater.PHP is very easy once you know the basics. Most of it can be read just like plain English.

I agree php is the esisest to use language. not only do the function names make sense but you can include php javascript and virtually any language. another thing is libraries. you can make a file with common code, put it in a function, and include it. I agree, php is the bast

Yeah, I agree with you all.I guess I kind of started to really get into php scripting around August.By now, in only 2-3 months, I am not happy to say that I am capable of doing quite some things with php.

Yeah, PHP is really easy to learn. It took me no more than a week after learning some basic functions to code my site.If you don't know something, I love how you can just google "php [function name", and Google will bring you to the php.net site immediately.

After having spent a few years working with ASP, PHP annoys me, especially when bits of PHP work with PHP5 but not ealier versions. And maybe I'm looking in the wrong places, but it seems like it takes me much longer to find answers to my PHP questions than it does with ASP (or maybe I'm just forgetting how long it used to take ^_^ ).

I've been saying that for a long time. If you want to get into programming, PHP is a pretty good start because it has dynamic typing, it's simple to read and write, and you can do a lot of things with it.Python is also pretty good for starters, but some of the syntax is a bit confusing if you've never programmed before, and it's less like other widely used languages than PHP is.

I like PHP because it is really easy to learn. And it also has really good documentation all in one, free place. The seamless integration with HTML is another great plus. PHP is also much much better than ASP, at least from my experience.Go PHP!!

The basics of PHP are easy to learn.But it's a language with many options to extend your functions.But just take some scripts and have look at them. Try to find out what they mean and what they do.Of course, you can also find many tutorials and books about PHP.It's just what you like.

I am looking to set up my Trap site with Zen-cart which I BELIEVE is done in PHP (I could be wrong though). Mainly I need to be able to modify the template to make it flow better with my own site. ie, change header image, navigation bars and columns and such.Is this something that can be done by a novice with PHP Designer 2005 or is there another (hopefully free) program that would be better suited for this purpose? Not sure if it helps, but I have The Adobe Creative Suite with Go-Live, but I have never used it. I am however familiar with all the other Adobe programs included, but have only recently got into working with websites & html.Thanks for any input/direction you can provide.

You can edit PHP in anything that edits text, e.g. Notepad. There's no program out there that can do a better job of teaching you how to use PHP than what you'll get from reading online tutorials/books etc.

I use to thought it was hard too. I still think it is. lol. But I know it has many useful functions and things that make web making easy like php includes. I just love all the little things that help make your life easier. I wish I had a class or something that teaches me more indepth. I would learn it online but I don't know where to start. It seems like an interesting enough subject to learn. I'm sure I'll benefit from it in the future and I might make a business of it but that's just something in the future and unsure of.