xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
buileminh

A Question About Zip File! Upload to unzip it on my host????

Don't get carried away by other companies who claim to give UNLIMITED SPACE AND BW! Just upload a couple of MP3's and they will Delete your accounts right away! Even though We generally do NOT allow hosting of ZIP and MP3 files, You still can. But if you do, Your account will not be upgraded beyond 1GB Bandwidth. So we still allow you to SPAM your Account. Now no other competitor would offer that!

I wonder if I can upload my zipped website in a single file and unzip it after uploaded. Is this allowed? I mean that 'can my account be upgraded beyond 1GB BW if i upload the zip file?'

Yes, you can upload a single zipped file and unzip them from cPanel. That is a commonly practiced method, although using a FTP program is just as easy. And you're going to have to rephrase your second part of the question. If I assume your question, my answer will be no, you cannot exceed your monthly bandwidth. However, I don't ever see anyone uploading 1GB of file since your account would only hold 20mb. And if you upload 20mb, delete, upload it again it will take you 50 times. And if you must repeat this many I think you might be doing something wrong.By the way, plan#1 is 20mb with 500mb BW. Plan#2 is 150mb with 5GB BW.Edited as reported... it's been a long day

Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

that means Hosting the mp3 file or zip file.if this means on the web directories host the zip file.then i think all host have the zip file.sometimes i just don't belive this type of host providers.they always said they are not the unlimited things.,but they give the better than others.but they can not doing that if they gave so more limited to the host.sometimes a good webhost is just like that:gave the user more freedom power to upload something or download something.gave the stable server and the fast internet connecting speed.and i think if the first time ,or formally they said their so many limited ., i think they will not did better than some serious free web provider.guangdian

Are you talkuing about on certain forums where you can enable Gzip compression to save space? They have that on this forum (scroll all the way down)

0.1509sec    --    13 queries    GZIP Enabled Time is now: 25th October 2005 - 11:26 AM

you can do that with the right code.