xisto Community
E-Sector

Which Console Will Win The Console Wars?

Which console will win the console wars?  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Oh man, how many times have I seen this question not only on this forum but everywhere around me. As an owner of a PS2 and not the xbox nor the gamecube, it is natural for me to be a supporter of the PS3. But in all seriousness, I believe that PS3 will exceed the performance/limits of the xbox 360 and most definately the nintendo revolution. And while I am aware of the fact that the PS3 will most likely be more expensive than the other consoles, the question still remains which console will be the most powerful, not the best value. The one advantage that the xbox 360 has over the sony ps3 is that the 360 will be launched earlier, significantly earlier. Sony currently cannot reveal too much information about the PS3 because they still have quite a while to go until the launch of the new system. Many may not realize this, but Sony still has to keep its audience interested in the PS2, a beautiful balancing act that sony has so far been able to keep up. Anyways, I can't wait to see how the situation turns out.

Wow it feels like only recently I got my PS2 and already plans for a new version. Well I guess they were planning on PS3 before PS2 even hit the factories.Anyway since I am a PS2 owner I'm also naturally going to vote for the PS3. I think must buys will be based on fanboism (it could be a real word), i.e. if you own and love Playstation(s) you will more likely buy it's next version whether it's a good console or not.Although right now I'm waiting for the PSP to drop in price. Nothing beats a bit of gaming fun while on the move/in lesson/during break etc.

I just saw the Nintedo revolution controller, and ..... Boy is this really going to be a revolution. Though I really stopped liking nintendo after the gamecube (and Ive always been a strong nintendo fan) I think this will be the console that will win the console wars. Just because of the fact that games will be a whole lot more interactive than the other consoles making them a whole lot more fun. Yes, xbox has awesome online play and playstation 3 will have good games too, but I bet everyone is going to want to play virtual tennis or cook or play guitar or something not just by pressing buttons or moving a joystick but actually pretend and do the movements. I was totally impressed by it, though I think Im going to end up with the three consoles. Especially because they are going to come out in different dates.

Xbox 360 is going to be on top, why? it has 3 cores in its processor, better memmory, better graphics processor and much much more, way more powerful that the PS3 "cell" processor, the cell is good and all, but overrated ^_^

Edited by cragllo (see edit history)

Nintendo all the way !!! lol,it may be the last of the three to be relaeased, but man is it gona own ..hell yeah !!personally i do think the 360 is the most powerfull machine, and the ps3 just looks like a george forman - lean mean fat reducing grilling machine,and hes so proud of it he put his name on it ....thats a compliments btw the george forma is awosme peice of work..I do think the PS3 will do a better job than 360 tho...eve though 360 is more powerfull....but im gona be rooting for nintendo revoloution !!!!sorry if i have offended anyone with my PS3 comparison, but i dont mean it that badly, seriously ^_^ kewl

Oh man, how many times have I seen this question not only on this forum but everywhere around me. As an owner of a PS2 and not the xbox nor the gamecube, it is natural for me to be a supporter of the PS3. But in all seriousness, I believe that PS3 will exceed the performance/limits of the xbox 360 and most definately the nintendo revolution. And while I am aware of the fact that the PS3 will most likely be more expensive than the other consoles, the question still remains which console will be the most powerful, not the best value. The one advantage that the xbox 360 has over the sony ps3 is that the 360 will be launched earlier, significantly earlier. Sony currently cannot reveal too much information about the PS3 because they still have quite a while to go until the launch of the new system. Many may not realize this, but Sony still has to keep its audience interested in the PS2, a beautiful balancing act that sony has so far been able to keep up. Anyways, I can't wait to see how the situation turns out.

197618[/snapback]

Your totally right. Almost everyone is going to say a certain one is going to win because they either own the previous systems from that company or they have played on them and really like them. I think no one is going to really know until they are all out on shelfs and they get numbers on which one sold the most. And even then, it still doesn't say which one is going to win. It's mostly personal preference and what type of games the users like to play.

Personally, I like xbox the best. My friends and I play it all the time even though I don't have one ^_^ Even though I like xbox the best, I think ps3 and Nintendo's system will both be just as great. They will all have their unique aspects to the system.

xJedix

oF COURSE! bUT THE GAMES WHICH WILl be realesed to the consoles perhaps only come to one of them? Exclusive games. And the games which are exclusive, helps to do a console better, and helps it to sell better, the console which sells best has won the war!

Personally I think that the xbox 360 will win. I only think this because I own a xbox and i think its really good and hopefully the new 360 will be even better and beat the ps3. But if you owned a ps3 it would be your natural instinction to support the ps3 and its the same with the xbox 360 which ive voted for and which i think will win. Well it has wireless controllers(dont know if the ps3 does.Well does it have wireless controllers??). Did you know that you can get face plates for the xbox 360 so you can cover the front of it and it can match your personallity(might get one). But whos with me to get the XBOX 360.!!!!

Gotta be be The Playstation.The Xbox Doesn't have enough popular games geared to it while The playstation has more than any other, An it has the respect of 10 years (almost) of Gamers delight. And it has compatability with all the older games and systems, which while slowing Sony's technology down more than others, That has made it much more popular than anyother gaming system.The only thing the nintendo has going for it is younger kids gaming (and games like Zelda) and its promise on new technology.

I have an xbox and a ps2 , so unless sony make leaps and bounds in front of microsoft with this next generation of game console i doubt that it will be better than the xbox 360.

Really im dissapointed about what Sony did with PS3. For one the controlers are messed, and it does look all that good compared to the new Xbox. Now for nentendo... ive never really trusted them. Gamecube was a dissapointement to me, and I think PS3 and Xbox are going to own the Revo...Theres my ideas...Byroman

I seriously have to say nintendo revolutionsWE all know about all the stuff that nintendo has made. Most of it is rumored to be able to be plaied on the nintendo revolution.Some even say tehre will be a slot were you can insert game boy color ds xp and all the otehr things in to play them that way.But also people will buy it for the rumor about sega being able to play on it also. But also for all the legend of zelda games that are gonna be for nintendo revolution also

Well i own a PS2 and Xbox, and i think the Ps2 has a wider range of games but the xbox has better graphics, the online feature is much easier than playstation's.I am personally going to get an Xbox 360 for christmas as it comes out in november so then i can sell my original xbox. and depending on when the Ps3 comes out i will get that either for my birth-day or buy it myself. that way i get the best of both as i have done with my Xbox and Ps2. although i still think the xbox will be marginally better than the Ps3 and quite a long way better than the Nintendo. Nintendo arew still in the ages of old games like arcade style games, some are quite good and most of their games are more childish. But thats just my opinion ^_^