xisto Community
atomicnacho

What Is Nanotechnology? 10^-9

Yes carbon could be a good replacement but they would have to modify its organic compound to match the famous signature of silocon other wise there is no way it will work.And grey goo (the combineded masses of nanobots) could be a possibility if they learn to work together and then a defencive nanobot would have to be designed 2 destroy these swarms or goos.And also the possibility of them having the entelligence of a human is quite possible considering the minute size at which the cuircits would be manufactured and how much they could still fit on a microchip or i actually should say nanochip when where talking about nano technology any way wat u could still fit on a microchip that small. It would be powerful enough to be able to make enough connections from one point to anouther in a givin time to be able to have the intelligence of a human beingThx peace out

I am intrested in nanotechnology and specially nanobiotechnology or bionanotechnology. I do my work on nanowires and DNA nanowires. It may be sound strang to you. But the DNA could be as nanowire for electronics circuits. WE provide the new way for improving the human ability to conqure the nature.

yeah i think this will cause an iffect on the population of the worl when it starts to spread and become more popular to people and may be it will fall into the wrong hands so i agree with the statement you just made.

I have heard of something called Nano Programs, and this clears it up quite a bit.But for those of you who have not heard of Nano Programs I'll help clear it up.Basicly it is... Programs that take up much less space then a normal programs (Duh).But for example, A DVD Vedio takes up around 4GB of space, but with nano Programs,It will only take up around 40 MB of space with out making the quality go down.It has not been compleatly developed yet however. I think it works by takeing out bytesof data that are not needed for the program to operate and compress the rest of it.Hope this helps clear up Nano Programs.P.S. I didn't want to start a topic on this because I felt that it was more of a sub-topic.

Has anyone heard of the world's smallest car: a nanocar!!!it has actually been made out of a few single particles and has 4 wheels thaat actually move. It can go along :angry:scientists reckon that it will be useful for transporting other pieces of nanotechnology around, if only the idea of it remains... Imagine mini nanomotorways with thousands of cars. Theyd need a nanopatrol to clear up the crashes tho!!!There are many problems about tracking the darn things tho as theyre so small, its a new research topic that is having billions spent each year... along with those automated army robots that will be the future of warfare too...

Sorry for bringing this really old post back to life, but as what I am going to say has no need for a completely new topic I will rather share it here.So today I watched a decorating show on the telly. It was a couple with two kids who where building a completely white house that looked a little bit like a piece of sugar, and they were using over 350 000? for the house itself. (On top of 450 000$ for the land lot.) I think it was somewhere in Britain, Bristol or something? Well anyway white houses and two kids can pretty much screw up the beautiful white and crisp surface, so they had used nano-paint. (!!!) It was very expensive, but wow it looked so cool! Well it looked quite normal, but they dipped a part of it in a box with mud. The mud simply did not stick on the side with the nano-paint, but on the other side it was completely... well, lots of mud! And I thought: "I am going have paint like that on my house!" Hopefully the price of it will decrease when it is my turn to build my house, because I am not moving into some old-already-lived-in-house.

Definitely not Bristol :)

Well, if it was not Bristol then it was some other city that starts with the letter B, but I do not really think it matters. (I hope Bristol actually is in Britain. :))

Well according to me i can explain this stuff in a more simpler way.Well everything is made of matterMatter means atoms. We have space between atoms and extra spaces inside atomsRemoval of these extra spaces can make things smaller and complicated not simpler for sure :DNanotech has got many applications such as in robots and also for stuffing as much possible in a satellite. Nantech also has application in medicines where small robots cut and tear(operate) upon the patients body