xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jlhaslip

Attachments At My Controls - What does this do?

Can someone take the time to explain to me (and other inquiring minds) what the "attachments" thing is all about at the My Controls page? I don't know what it is or what it does. Is there an explanation posted on the forum anywhere? If so, please point me to it. Thanks.

People can upload their own files on our servers when replying to some posts.suppose, you are explaining some concepts about programming and want to give out an example for for people to test out your code. This can be done by uploading the file. So when people read your post, they can also download the attachment (your code) that you have posted.With that Link in "My Controls" page, you can manage all such attachments you have posted on the forum.We do not allow attachments on Xisto (in most of the forum topics) due to abuse and also to prevent any copyright issues.

hey,when you using a email service,on the email posing box,you will find the Attachment signature,and the " attachment " is something file you can upload to your Email to send with your txt body.the one received your email also can download the attachment from his or her emailbox.and that's attachment.on your forum project there would be a "attachment"directory or "upload"directory and both of them are the same use.when a user or a member post a topic,and by the article they post they also can upload an attachment to their post by upload --> view and selected the file from his or her disk.then the members or guest of this forum would download the attachment from the website you ve been hosted.and you know on your forum project directory there will be the "attachment"and the "upload"directory ,the directory is for putting the attachments uploaded by the members.sometimes you would change the directory permission to 777 so that would be opened to storage the attachments.thank you guangdian

We do not allow attachments on Xisto (in most of the forum topics) due to abuse and also to prevent any copyright issues.

196341[/snapback]

So I will just ignore it? Okay.

BTW Thanks, Opaque.