xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
acumentech

How To Mount A Usb Drive In Linux? Operating System-Linux Administration

Dear friends,Can any body help me how to mount a usb flash drive in fedora core 1 linux.

very simple:two options:1) add this to your fstabor just run2) make directory in /mnt and go something like:mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/directoryyoujustcreatedits different for some distributions though, you may need to put your file system in the command line too.

sry... where it says "or just run" cross out the run :) (ie dont run make!)

196142[/snapback]

thanks a lot ...now I got it.

But one bug

if I write the code in fstab and my drive is not connected ...then it's ok a simple error messege appers. In shell prompt I can mount it. If I connect the usb drive before booting then in the half way linux hangs -up.

Can anyone help

acumentech

thanks a lot ...now I got it.

But one bug

if I write the code in fstab and my drive is not connected ...then it's ok a simple error messege appers. In shell prompt I can mount it. If I connect the usb drive before booting then in the half way linux hangs -up.

Can anyone help

acumentech

add

user,noauto

in the options colum

Iscatel

Why are you asking this here? This should be in CONTRIBUTE>Conputers>Hardware... Not in Free Hosting requests.

And you wonder why people shy away from computer twits, just answer the guy for god sake.