xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
niloc

Account Upgrade cant access my site

Ok, i was at this one meeting.. and i tried to log into my forum. (with AOL as the ISP), and it doesn't work.... and this one guy, he said that sometime he couldn't go to the page. He has the same problem too. I don't think it's the ISP problem since we use different ISP. and what do you mean host file?...and how do you edit it?and also, i try to ping my web address and the following message shows upPing request could not find host "http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/. Please check the name and try again.

my account package is showing alpha and the storage and bandwidth settings are still showing as though i am on package 1 web hosting ..... i think it is about 5-6 days ago that i was approved for a package 2 upgrade ?

as i still couldnt access my website or cpanel , i used flashfxp to upload all my latest updated files to my website in the www folder.flashfxp said files existed and i chose to overwrite them.no errors where reported and i presumed all was ok.when i finally managed to access my website i found that it was still showing the old files.i couldn't access cpanel to view my file manager .... so at that point i gave up.at present i cannot access my website , cpanel or even connect to it with flashfxp.has anybody got a clue as to what i can do.also my hosting package upgrade still does not seem to have been completed , which was approved about 6 days ago ?

now that is weird .... i can access both my site and cpanel without the www.my cpanel still shows a package 1 status , even though i have been approved a package 2 .... dont know if that has got anything to do with it.

these are the stats from my general account onfo.

Domain name  niloc.trap17.com      IP address  69.50.188.18 
  Hosting package  Alpha 
  Subdomains  0 / 99 
  Parked Domains  0 / 9 
  Addon Domains  0 / 9 
  Mysql databases  0 / 99 
  PostgreSQL Databases  0 / 99 
  Disk usage  1.85 / 20.00 MB 
  SQL Disk usage  0.00 MB 
  Disk space available  18.15 MB 
  Bandwidth usage  1.01 / 512 MB 
  Email accounts:  0 / 99 
  Email forwarders:  0 / unlimited 
  Autoresponders:  0 / unlimited 
  Email filters  0 / unlimited 
  Mailing lists:  0 / 99 
  FTP accounts  0 / 99

there is www. on the domain name ... should there be ??

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
You must use quote tag when you are copying from anything.

Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

No. Your domain should show without WWW prefix. As soon as I can talk to OpaQue I'll find out why that's happening. I'm only an admin for the forum. OpaQue has the master server access. ^_^Upon checking your profile, I see that you never went to the process page and upgraded to the next plan. Please do so and your account will reflect accordingly. Remember that your credit will once again reset to the default hosting credit.Thank you for being so patient.

i just checked my hosted email account ...and i found this message. I didn't edit any of my files today so there shouldn't be any reason for database error. I basically got an email saying this on average of 2-3 times a day since Oct. 9th (probably when i started my hosting).Date: 10/24/2005 18:53:29 -0700From: Nobody <nobody@rhino.unixbsd.info>To: ********@********.trap17.comSubject: Hello Forum : SMF Database Error! All headers There has been a problem with the database!MySQL reported:could that be the problem?

I believe the technical support is sending you an email saying that your SQL is incorrectly established or it's calling out a wrong procedure. Probably that's why your site wasn't loading all the way--it was crashing your own database, along with the server.

unfortunately i still do not have regular access to my site to be able to check this out , getting close to breaking point now with this.sometimes i can get access if i drop the www of the address , but more often than not i cannot get access.same with ftp access .... very intermittant , even tried filezilla as buffalohelp suggested... that worked first time every time until i finalised my account upgrade ... now even that doesnt work.would love it if somebody could sort this out before i give up with it.

unfortunately i still do not have regular access to my site to be able to check this out , getting close to breaking point now with this.

sometimes i can get access if i drop the www of the address , but more often than not i cannot get access.

same with ftp access .... very intermittant , even tried filezilla as buffalohelp suggested... that worked first time every time until i finalised my account upgrade ... now even that doesnt work.

would love it if somebody could sort this out before i give up with it.

198536[/snapback]

have you tried to correct your "My SQL database" ?..... you have to correct all things in your database. Like, i had to repair my "Coppermine picture gallery" and SMF forum. I haven't had a problem since then....and hope this will continue on.

niloc's problem has resolved

niloc terminated his hosting account, re-gathered his credits and re-activated hosting (which rendered complete deleting and resetting of hosting space) corrected the name resolving issue.