xisto Community
phoenixhosting

How Do U Make Your Own Subdomain Service

can you please tell me how to make my own subdomain service because i would like to start up my own subdomain hosting with the last bit of the urlco.dcco.hsor semething like that so could you plese tell me how to do it if you know how to

I've wanted to start a similar service too. I want to offer a free redirection service. How can I do this? Do I need to get a new dedicated server or could I do it from my regular hosting account.I am really interested in this question so I would be very grateful if you could answer me. Also I'm looking forward to receibing a solution to my problem.

The domains that you listed are only two letters long which could cost you hundreds of thousands of dollars to purchase and the domains extensions that you listed would be very difficult to register if you are able to do so at all. If you are planning to offer hosting it isn't a very good idea to use a free host to do it, instead you should purchase a dedicated server or a reseller hosting plan from a hosting company.

Secondly, to provide such advanced service, you need a server.

Not entirely true. It could be done on a shared server - although you probably need a unique IP address (which doesn't require a dedicated server).

Anyway... as has been mentioned, doing something like this will cost a bit of money to get off the ground. In other words, if you are looking for free hosting at Xisto, you probably aren't going to be able to do it.

Now that they have gotten over the technical requirements, here is how you would do it, not specific enough because I actualy couldn't tell you what to do, but here goes. In your webserver configuratin file there is a portion dedectated to subdomains. You would need to make a php (or otherwise) frontend so that when a user added a new subdomain it would make the change in the webserver conf file, thus activating the web hosting. You would also tell all pages on your website to redirect to a particular page, meaning using a particular edit tell all but the administration pages and home page to go to a redirection page, now on that page there would be a script that would say where is this page coming from? check a database and from that database using the header function (in php) you would send the user to that page. That however wouldn't cloak the users address. In my mind the easiest way to cloak the users address would be to set a frame the same size as the window with the url to the one the user typed, and a source of the one the user specified.But like I said that is all in theory I couldn't tell you how to do this in detail

It is far easier than that. I believe there are various scripts floating around the web that make it easy to do, but regardless, you don't do it by editing your server configuration files. Ever. That is time consuming, difficult and dangerous.

The way I would do it is by adding an 'A' record to my domain pointing to my server's IP address and handle all requests via a script by looking at the 'Host' header. But that's just what I'd do.

So why do you need this servece anyway?

195773[/snapback]

For Fun :)

You wouldn't even need an Ip address. Just a webhost that supports unlimited subdomains. (Or you can do it like... domain.com/user_site) A domain and alot of bandwith too...

The way I would do it... Use PHP, just because that's like the only code I know other then html...

Have some html code that will put the variable of the domain name as the %100 frame. So if someone inputs the data--https://www.google.de/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=BwkjVKfAD8uH8QfckIGgCQ&gws_rd=ssl Your script would put that value into your frame that covers the whole page, then create the subdomain google and put that code into google.domain.com, named index.html

This wouldn't redirect... but would open https://www.google.de/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=BwkjVKfAD8uH8QfckIGgCQ&gws_rd=ssl if you went to google.domain.com

You could also:

Just have a small html redirection script and as the index.html put that instead of the frame. It's actually pretty simple to do, except it would be hard to keep track of all of the domains and abuse....

For example: RoadRunner blocks .tk domains because there are a lot of them which just can't be kept track of (The content)...

Actually...Now that i think about it a bit more you wouldn't need a lot of bandwith at all. Just a fast server so people don't have to wait for your domain to redirect.For the registration...I'd suggest that you put all of the links into a database and with a small script have an autorefresher. So once in a while, you can look at new and old scripts while the thing is refreshing itself. If you see a bad site, then click on a link which will automatically delete that url ;)If you don't know PHP...Good luck! :)

Isn't there a site out there which allows you to use its service with your own brand name? I came across it once, but I've forgotten where.

Possibly...But if you do then that would tie you to that host... If there is one I haven't heard of it.If you create the script yourself you can easilly edit it, change hosts, and able to move the data around much easier without being tied to a service of a host...But I really don't think that there would be a good host because they would be more expensive...Well if you can't find it then you really can't think of which one to choose (What im doing) :)