xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mithshark

Subdomain As Domain Through Dns Support?

Ok. I have 5 tol level domain on my account so far, But I want to put a subdomain on as a Domain through DNS the Subdomain is KrypticGFX.1.vg I set up DNS for ns1.trap17.com, ns2.trap17.com and tried to run it through, IT says it doesnt meet specifications so its not supported but is there another way to put it on does anyone know?

I would like to make sure I understood you correctly. (That's why proper grammar matters--you're missing a comma or period somewhere).You have a top level domain named 1.vgYou created a subdomain called KrypticGFX.1.vg using your domain controlYou want that subdomain to point to Xisto (your hosting)...do I have these correctly?If your domain control panel allows you to create a subdomain and lets you choose a nameserver for that subdomain, then yes it can be done. Otherwise 1.vg has to be hosted in order to do what you want to do. As far as I know, the subdomain cannot be pointed to another nameserver unless you have the reseller's account.Let's say it's working. Then all you need to do is set the nameserver of your subdomain and point it to Xisto. Then, access your Xisto cPanel and park your subdomain. That's it. :)

Kind of, Disregard first post, Subdomain are virtual domains... HAve all the features that Domain have 1.vg is top level belongs to FREEDNS.afraid.org, Which allows full DNS control but im having a seperate problem its not a Trap support issue its a freedns.afraid.org I can only set 1 DNS

you don't need the ns of Xisto. the ns can not do the thing you wanna it do.where is your domain registration? go to there to setup the subdomains.there may be 20 or more subdomains they would give you.if you think it's not enought.then go to everydns.net's ns. it will give you 200 subdomains.---------------------guangdian