xisto Community
Hiaito

Yahoo! Fake Fake Staff Member

On Yahoo! its some guy running around sending random e-mails about "Yahoo revamping their databases, and need your password, ID, IP, and a ping from you. (Wierd.) Why a ping?Well anyways, don't fall for it! His username is staff_member8@yahoo.com

If staff at YAHOO! was going to email me, they would use the ones thats listed in their help pages...Yahoo! staff wouldn't need your id and password..... they already have it and pretty much don't even truly need it to do any changes to anything.....and a ping? This pretty much gives away your IP address and reveals your location... so he could log into yahoo! as you maybe masking his true IP address with yours, cause havoc, and you would be the one getting the blame.... EEP!Never ever give out your passwords nor your IP address to anyone.....

send him some spam emails to fill it up quickly just to make him angry, of course only idiots would fall for it (people just starting out in the internet world.)

that happans alot. Once, someone tried to pretend as paypal and emailed me. Trying to get me to give out my Paypal username and password. But the thing was, I DON"T EVEN HAVE A PAYPAL account. Idenity thefts is one of the biggest crime in the United States right now.

Yahoo! staff wouldn't need your id and password..... they already have it and pretty much don't even truly need it to do any changes to anything.....

Precisely. That mail you got is screaming spam; and it actually sounds scary - people actually have the guts to openly ask for ids, passwords, and pings?! I wonder if it ever works *shudder* Luckily I only get the regular - and rather boring - spam... offering free ipods and things like that. I think once everyone realizes that there is no such thing as a free ipod, there should be no real danger from spammers. And yeah, I guess anyone who asks for passwords needs to be ignored. :)

Yahoo Doesnt Know your password.....They know your MD5x2 Key but They encrpt passes just like IPB Dual MD5 And Staff impers. are just to idiotic, That member happens to have been around for over a year Yahoo refuses to delete/ Ban the account He also claims he has recieved over 400 passwords or he did last july!

well this is ridiculous. Never imagined people can behave so idiotic! Well thats obvious if they want your password they can get it from their database...Hope these people get some intelligence bout net in near future..

That is funny. The email Id itself is funny.. If you report this email to Yahoo! complaint email they will take a very stingent action against the holder of this email. Besides, there are enough precautions and notices given by all email services providers that at no point of time none of their email users will be asked to provide their email ID and password. I hope people will not be misled by this kind of email. I hope so.

... I don't think many people would trust someone with the email staff_member8.. I mean that's just soo cheap and it has a number in it... :S I hate those freaks, mostly only fools would send them their details..a.k.a everyone from my school -__-

People should learn to tell when an email is fake or not. Thousands if not millions of these phising mails are sent each day that take advantage of people who can't tell.

Don't worry about this kind of emails. I receive them in daily basis. Every day I receive about 3 or 4 emails with the binary attachement in place (aka virus). Also once or twice a week I receive those fake emails from yahoo.It would be great if you could send an email to the real yahoo to tell them about the fake email. I'm sure every report helps in stoping those spammers.

This reminds me of a person who emailed me and said I have signed a contract of 3 million dollars in the bank of Nigeria, and that I needed to phone him in order to complete it etc... it was from "bankofnigeria@hotmail.com"... I don't know who would think I would fall for that but yes.... I reported him.