xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
niloc

Future Of Newspapers newspapers are they a thing of the past

rss feeds.newsreaders.online newspapers.news alerts.tv magazines.sky / cable tv listings.what is the future for newspapers ..... if any.please try and be positive with your posts ..... i work in the newspaper industry.

i think today reporter want to have own weblogtoday u can not say i haven't weblogevery body in every language has 1 weblogand this part some sites make weblog CMS going to up very very fast like wordpress.rog or mt its really nice big system for news just think you sit down and search news and find many result in many language in weblogs further of weblog is in the neti think

It appears as if newpapers are becomming a thing of the past and is slowly being replaced by the new forms of media like the ones you had listed however I think that newpapers will be around for alot longer. There is really no replacement for the morning paper, it's a great way to start they day and keep up to date.

I think that newspapers will stick around. The fear that they will totally disappear kinda reminds me of the claim that computers will eliminate paper use, ie everything will be digital and no printed materials. It is clear now that this is not the case, since we probably use more paper than we ever have. I think that people like to have hard copies of things to sit and read. Until very small and cheap gadgets are created that can emulate paper and give us an extremely portable digital solution to the newspaper, it is going to continue to be used.National TV news on the other hand I think is on the way out.

I agree with Arigato. Newspapers will probably never disappear, at least not without a lot of dissent. There really is no replacement. There is also something special about having something physical in your hands, there definitely is not a replacement for that.

I think newspapers will still be around. As much as it becoming more common to read the news on the internet, there's nothing like having a hard copy in your hands to look at. Sure, the news is constantly fresh on the internet, but it' nice to have something you can read if you're in a situation where you don't have access to a computer. As well, don't forget that there are just as many people in the world who would prefer to have a good old-fashioned newspaper delivered to their door (kinda like a morning ritual).

I also think the newspapers industry will stick around for sometime but not much the reason for that is these days people dont have much time to read the newspaper...i personally read news online only...i think everyone knows about google news.the reason for that is that news comes quickly and we get updated...also the best thing about online news is that it saves paper which inturn will save trees. either we'll have to find another way of creating high quality paper or another alternative so that trees can be saved and i'm sure that people will continue reading newspapers.now you'll say that i am contradicting my statement..but that is not the case at all....i said that i am the one who reads online news but there is a huge group of people who still like to read newspaper.so in order to stick around newspaper industry will have to find another alternative to paper because these days more and more people are becoming enviornment concious so they will want a diff. way of making the newspaper....which is enviornment friendly :)

I don't think newspaper will ever be replaced by any other forms online. Of course portals will have much role to play but newspaper analysis and indepth reports cannot be matched by online newspaper, newsreaders and other stuffs. The good thing about print newspaper is that you can lie on your sofa and read comfortably, leaning to any angle and still enjoy reading news, book review, sports, etc. Even though I have 24 hours access to internet, I've not failed to read print newspaper everyday. And I've seen how print newspapers are growing in cities and metros in my country.

yeah i think it time for newspaper to get with times in the digital world almost everyone owns a computer i think if they convert it cd and then send them like that by then you are saving a ton of resources but the downfall is that alot of people will lose there jobs since all you really need is a few computers about a few billion blank cd's and then the editor do his thing and pass it off to the comptuer geeks to put htem on cds.but thats just my idea.

I think newspapers will still be around. As much as it becoming more common to read the news on the internet, there's nothing like having a hard copy in your hands to look at. Sure, the news is constantly fresh on the internet, but it' nice to have something you can read if you're in a situation where you don't have access to a computer. As well, don't forget that there are just as many people in the world who would prefer to have a good old-fashioned newspaper delivered to their door (kinda like a morning ritual).

194317[/snapback]

Agree, newspaper is kind of a ritual for almost all countries. And I dont think it will dissapper. But something new with newspepper, well maybe it will be small changes. But nothing big. And in future much more people will read their news with their computer and mobile, the newspeper industry will not be so big as now.

Well, I think humans need material to express themselves, so they will still be reading news papers, magazines etcetera. I mean, on TV you got the news, documentary's etc too, and do people drop newspapers and stuff? No not yet. Tehre has to come a system which is easy to look over, like a newspaper is, before people will be massively switching to RSS Feeds and other internet baswed news broadcasters...

I think we will still have newspapers in the future. Why? Because even with the bloom of the Internet (I really think that the Internet hasn't reached its full potential) the conventional paper will get far beyond when the cable can get. At least for the next 10-20 years. But that is not the only reason. Everyone has or had a pdf book or tutorial. You remember how hard and boring it is to read long things from the computer screen. Having a book in your hand lets you enjoy it on your sofa in a much better position then sitting at the table. But of course newspapers will loose some of their fans in the future and someday there will be no more conventional newspapers. But that day is still far away into the future...