xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
zootycoongold

Best Website Builder

If I were you I'd have a look under the CMS section of the Addon Scripts and Fantastico pages, listed under the "Preinstalled Scripts" section on the main page of cPanel.

There are many different systems you can use to run your website, but in my opinion these are the best for an inexperienced user:

PHP-Nuke -- It has a huge community and support section, extra addons and downloads, all available for free.

Xoops -- Is a little easier to understand adn set up, but doesn't have so many themes etc.

Wordpress -- Although slightly overused, it is very simple to use and looks good, but functions mainly as a blog.

If you want any more help in setting these up or doing anything on your site, then feel free to PM me or post.

Sorry for the double post I have three problems now:1. I can't access Fantastico.2. When I add a script it says 'error not found'3. When I installed a website builder before it said the directory was wrong. I really need some help!

I dunno, but I personally prefers to use the following pre-installed scripts (in Fantastico):

Mambo: CMS, the best. You can find it quite easy to manage. Create individual accounts and also allows others (if you want so) to register themselves as users.

Wordpress: Blog. Simply the best, with the best addons all over the web. Ideal for unexperienced users of HTML, PHP, etc. You also can find lots of features and nice plugins in its official site: https://wordpress.org/

Cheers!!! :)

I really like "Drupal"... it's interface is easy to customize with CSS (or settings in the admin panel) and you can even use php code in the content you post! I really recommended that, since it actually looks like a real site, unlike "Geeklog" with forums and all those stuff normally not found on a normal site. (as in, forums are usually separate, and uses scripts like Invision Power Board and PHPbB)