xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
DjLuki

Latest Sig abstract

The text is hard to see, i would have duplicated the text layer a bit till it's more visible. Also, there's too much light in the middle, and not spreaded out.

why should i spread out the light? i don't want the light to be on the background, i want it ont he render so it sticks out.. and even if it was apread out i don't think that owuld have looked better, it would have jsut made it worse.

You can still keep the light on the render, but there are a lot of black spots on the sides which could use more contrast. Also, there are a few metalic objects on the render which the light could be reflecting off of. His right shoulder seems to be the main point of the light. Skin cant reflect light like metal can.

the text is very bad... and you either used the motion blur or cross hatch filter to get the colors in which spoils the sig because it looks very random... the sig needs much more brushing work and there isnt much contrast in the sig... the render isnt big enough either.

If you want to make the render stand out... this is a much better way,

Step 1 - Duplicate the render

Step 2 - With the render above the original render, go Filter > Blur > Glassian Blur (or something like that) and a size of 2.4/2.8

Step 3 - With the blurred layer put it on overlay

Optional - If the render looks to dark, lower the opacity of the blurred layer.

heh hope the tut on how to make the render stand out was helpful...

Generally it's much easier to have light look like it's coming from only one direction, and unless you really know what you're doing that's what I'd recommend. Probably keep the diagonals that flow from the top left to the bottom right, as it seems to be the way you lit up the render.

Pretty good :) The cross light is ok althought it is alittle too bright right in the middle conparing to the rest of the image. The text is also alittle hard to read, you might want to lighten up the text layer abit.