xisto Community
OpaQue

Gmail Space Usage

How much percentage of your Gmail Space do you use?  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have only used 0%! ;) I don't need all that space except for sending large files which I never do. Gmail is great and they don't lie. The people who have used half their space proves that they have at least 1GB of space. Gmail is almost "secret" from the public. You can scarcely get it if you are not a webmaster because it is so hard to get. I have asked so many computer savvy people and none have heard of gmail. Us webmasters are lucky! :)

I have only used 0%!  ;)  I don't need all that space except for sending large files which I never do.  Gmail is great and they don't lie.  The people who have used half their space proves that they have at least 1GB of space.  Gmail is almost "secret" from the public.  You can scarcely get it if you are not a webmaster because it is so hard to get.  I have asked so many computer savvy people and none have heard of gmail.  Us webmasters are lucky! :)

194032[/snapback]

Actually, gmail gives more than 2GB now and I wouldn't say that gmail is a "secret" because it is well heard of now and has a huge amount of users. Also gmail inviations are relatively easy to get because many gmail users have more invitations than they need to give away to friends. There are also many gmail invitation spoolers available on the net.

Seriously, does it even matter if they're actually giving us that much space or not?They MIGHT have overexagerated, but isn't that the point of capturing people's attention? I don't think that the counter on their page is real either but it doesn't matter. Its the quality that they give us thats good. Now that I think about it, the amount of space that we're using might or might not be true either.

I am only on 1mb so 0%. I don't save my Junk Email at all. I usually delete my mail if it gets past 1 page of viewing unless I have important things I need to check for a quick referrence. Also I have three accounts so if I use them for various things. I am using my main gmail though for the percentage.

I'm still using 0 (or 0-1) % of the Gmail space that is provided...usually because I delete any mail that's no longer useful to me and then empty the Trash folder, even thought I don't have to. I guess I just like to keep the Trash empty all the time.

Its still a big scam.Considering, Just a million Gmail signups. (1000000)1000000 x 2.5 GB = 2500000Which is nothing but, Connecting,31250 -> 80 GB Harddrives.OR20833 -> 120 GB HDDsOR15625 -> 160 GB HDDsOR8333 -> 300 GB HDDstogether.

I came to realize that I really don't need even 1GB... So far I've used 150MB and there are so many stuffs in my Gmail inbox.I have lots of space left with me then.. But instead of filling up in this storage space I've started using another Gmail ID for some other files as well.

I just uploaded some mp3's, documents and clips to my gmail account along with the mail. That accounts to 104 MB. Now that we are enjoying so much space I can't help wondering how we survived this long without it!

Come to think of it... After using the space mainly for attachments from Uni Assignments, Funnies from work mates/friends and other emails.. when it all adds up I dont really need 1 gig. I've used about 100+megs and still accounts up to 0-1% of 2.6gig capacity.Then again, it is useful as a data backup to a USB drive in the case of losing the USB drive somewhere. It could be argued as the reverse as well.