xisto Community
devildude93

What's Your Fave Film?

My favourite film has to be The Shining. I've watched it a million times and it still creeps me out. It's not bad for being made in the 70s anyway, but I just do not see why it is an 18 rating? I watched it first when I was about thirteen and I did not find it incredibly scary or anything.There's quite a few differences in the movie than in the book. There's no maze in the novel's Overlook Hotel, so the chase between Jack and Danny is done on the top floor of the hotel - which is barely mentioned in the movie.Another thing that is barely mentioned is the hotel's history. Yeah, you see Grady, Jack talks to him about what Grady did but that's about it.The hauntings going on in the Hotel are sort of justified really badly in the movie. The hotel owner states that The Overlook resides on an indian burial ground. Like, how many US horror stories have that in them?Sorry if I ruined a few things for a few people, but I've only mentioned things briefly...

It's too hard to choose just one favorite.It's pretty hard to even pick a favorite for each genre, too.Spaceballs, Blazing Saddles, all the Monty Python movies, the Ace Ventura movies, Kung Fu Hustle, and Shaolin Soccer are some of the best spoofs; the Star Wars movies are the best space movies, and they're some of the best for the whole good vs. evil thing; IT, Child's Play, the Saw movies, and maybe even The Others are some of the best for horror; Shrek, the Final Fantasy movies, and Toy Story(because it was one of the first), are some of the best animated movies; and there are too many really good just plain comedy movies to even fit on this post.There are a lot of movies I can't even fit in one genre that are really good, too, like Pulp Fiction, or the Fifth Element.I'm pretty sure I left a lot of my favorites out, because those are just the ones that I've seen recently, that I remember. There are a lot of good ones that I don't remember as good because I saw them so long ago.I think the only way you can choose a favorite movie is if you've only seen a few of them. There are too many good movies that you can't compare just because they're completely different, but they're still really good.That's the best I think I can answer the favorite movie question, unless I went to look up all the movies I know and watched them all over again.

I love movies and it's hard to choose which movie is the best but I would say that my favorite is Forrest Gump. I'm also a fan of the Lord of the Rings trilogy of which the third part is visually the best movie i saw. I also like Spielberg's movies Saving Private Ryan, E.T., Minority Report, Jaws which are all classics. Another of my favourite directors is M. Night Shyamalan of whom i most like The Unbreakable, The Signs and The Village. Tim Burton's Batman, Big Fish, The Corpse Bride are also fantastic movies. And I shouldn't forget about Stanley Kubrick who made lots of good movies for example 2001: A Space odyssey and The Clockwork orange just to name some. Another great movies are The Machinist, Memento, Pan's labyrinth, American History X, Trainspotting, 21 grams, Indiana Jones, The Passion of Christ, City of God, The Ring, Sin City, 300 and lots of others =)

I love comedy movies so I'm a fan of Happy Gilmore, and other related films. Usually any Adam Sandler comedy is a good bet.

Oh me too! I love movies Adam Sandler is in...especially The Wedding Singer. I've seen Wedding Singer and Happy Gilmore a million times and I still laugh

No offense, but I find somebody who's favorite film is a comedy to be kind of shallow. I mean, just because you laugh a bit doesn't make it a great film. Good directing, a great story, and good acting makes a good film in my opinion. I LOVE sci-fi so of course my favorite film is serenity, based on the original sci-fi series TV show Firefly. It's witty, has a great plot and the directing is absolutely beautiful.

For me, right now my favorite was still Transformer. That couldn't be changed, at least until I find another more interesting film in the future. I love how they mix the full-CG mecha and the normal world's environment and they felt very nice.My friend asked me to see Resident Evil 3 :The Extinction sometime near, maybe that's a good film too for you who loved Resident Evil (videogame or film lover) too. Even I'm not too good with horror movie, I think this title will be a good one to view.

My favorite movie is "meet joe black", and i can tell you wqith certanty, it is a awesome movie, you will love it for sure, but of course, or you love it or you will hate it, most of people i know loved it because it has it all and it was well created with the best actors.Try and see it to see if i am right!

So what is your fave film if you have one post back to me.. My fave film is "meet the fockers" at the moment but i have loads of other films as well that i like but i cant remember all of them and i only saw meet the fockers a few days ago so thats still in my head

I enjoyed the following films:

- Sound of Musics

- My Fair Lady

- Oliver Twist

- Le Mesrable

- Moses

- Jesus

- The Bible

My all time favorite movie is "A night at the roxbury". It was one of the first funny movies I saw a long time ago, and actually got the jokes. Me and my cousin have the whole movie memorized and we quote the movie all the time without anyone knowing what the heck we are talking about. Doesn't really matter to us though.

Scarface has to be in my top 5 fave list , gritty , true to life and no cheesey hollywood effects ! its as popular now as it was back in the early 80s when it was made.its one of them films that will never be dated and has so far stood its test in time

I love movies, and picking out a few of them, is hard. But these are the films I enjoy most seeing;

Lord of the rings: Triology (Fellowship of the ring, The Two Towers, Return of the King)

Harry Potter: Movies(Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban,

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire and Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix)

The Mighty

Crash

The Shawshank Redemption

Gladiator

American History X

The Fifth Element

The list could be so much bigger, but since this is all about mine fave film, I already past the limit when I continued with movie number two.

Fellowship of the ring shall be mine one and only!