xisto Community
akshay

Opera Web Browser Buy opera web browser today

i just remembered that some sites only work with IE or are optimized for it. i know that http://www.nexon.net/ is onlr IE only. i dont know what their difficulties are, but you can t use ANYTHING but IE to go there. so i recommend keeping IE in a place you can find it...

219278[/snapback]

that is because some web designers design their websites for IE rather than to the web standards. It makes sense for some people considering the market share that IE holds. unfortunately while windows is the most popular OS people will continue to use IE, who knows one day it might actually become a fast, stable, secure web browser. I'd say it would be the same day I'm skiing in hell..... :(

Many ears ago (before firefox was born) I was using Opera and saying that it's the best ever, then I changed it to Mozilla because started using linux, then to Firefox because it was faster, now I use Internet explorer 6 with latest service packs and adons like free download manager and love it more than opera or firefox (not saying more than mozilla, well maybe a bit, because i still enjoy mozzila on Linux mashines). However i respect Opera for their job, especialy for multiplatforming, especialy :( mobile devices - it;s the best browser I could get for my Nokia 6630, However it costs money, thats quite bad so I wont put Opera on my website http://cig.50webs.com/, howevcer i hardly believe that i will find any equal mobile broser for free :(

Opera is one of the world's fastest browsers.. Eventhough its good, I prefer using FireFox. Its much Safer.. & Faster.. I tried both and I came to a conclusion that FireFox is the best one of all.. With the most security features..

I have three browsers on my PC, and I often use Firefox. Occasionally I would use Opera. It also loads pages faster than IE, and you can change skins without restarting it....but I'd still go with FF for better security.

Omg I tried accessing http://www.mapleglobal.com/ in Firefox and it blocked me WTF is up wid that" talk about the right to choose i thought we lived in a free world"..anyways I just downloaded opera and i can tell its see way faster than IE and just a little bit faster the Firefox,its good to see that its Free now,i think it will become more popular because of its freeness also i found that some pages that look messed up in firefox looks ok in opera..nice :rolleyes:

more secure than firefox, symply more familiar, Opera was the first browser to have a ton of features all the other browsers just copied since, mouse gestures are great, sidebar is beautiffuly placed there-just in case- ,i especially like that the adressbar is below tabs, looks just like every tab has its own adressbar and feels better. I've hured that since 8.5 it has bittorrent but never seen it...Anyway better that firefox and up to expectations without installing extra software -even open-source extensions are a one thing to do more instead of doing nothing just playing with it on the internet.Not enough praising words from my side...

I just tried out Opera after using IE for a long long time and I have to admit I'm not really impressed with Opera. It takes up enormous space while I run the program and it slows down other programs that are running at the same time. On the other hand, I haven't experienced the same problems when using IE, and in addition, having multiple IE browsers open at the same time while running additional programs. I haven't tried Firefox or Mozilla but will test them out soon since I just haven't found Opera to be so good :rolleyes: . Many say IE is lower tier to other browswers, but to date, I like it :)

Hello. I have a small problem. I downloaded the yesterday the last verzsion of Opera, but unfortunetly, there are some pages, whih it can open totaly, so it can?t load the images. This problem I have at the Opera e?mail clinet too. Can u help me? I`m so worried about it. Ta. Bye

Opera Web Browser

Internet Explorer is the most popular Internet browser in the world. Yet, it is laden with security flaws and is the target of all sorts of evildoers. Internet Explorer comes pre-installed on Windows computers, but you dont have to stick with it. Its easy to download and use another Web browser. In fact, while Microsoft is busy trying to solve their Internet Explorer security problems, several other Web browsers have surpassed Internet Explorer in their sleekness, speed, and features. Opera is one such browser.

Notice from electriic ink:
Copied .... again. Article trimmed and remainder quoted.

http://www.compukiss.com/joomla/joomla-community-news.html

Edited by electriic ink (see edit history)

Yeah, it's the best thing for Windows and i wouldn't use anything else fro internet browsing, but i use linux for more than 6 months already and the issue that made me swich to firefox is the difficulty Opera works with plug-ins especially the flash plug-in because i could never get it to play sound in flash while let's say music was playing. It was just a pain and i hope Opera 9 solves this issues and make loads of linux users swich back to it. It's speed is amazing.Mouse gestures work way better than in firefox with mouse -gestures extensions, looks very pretty also, saves sessions, is more secure and i also love the bar that appears when u hoover the adress-bar and which is very useful to me. So, waiting for opera 9 for Linux.

I don?t think Opera will grow too much in number of users because if there?s an alternative to Internet Explorer right now, that is Firefox and it?s a tough battle against the rich giant. I don?t know if Opera is better than Firefox but I?m sure that both of them are a lot faster and smarter that IE. Maybe Opera only needs more publicity and more users willing to spread its use by putting banners and ads in their websites, etc.

Yeah, but Firefox is mostly for the users that only needs a normal browser. Opera is faster than IE and Firefox, it is much more secure than both of them together, its skin system is WAY better, it's more customizable, there is an integrated mail client AND IRC client there, integrated RSS client. Everything an average (and most of the pro) users needs is default in Opera.

I personally use Opera because:

- Easier to skin. You can download a skin in a few seconds, then it automatically changes to the new skin. A pop-up appears asking you if you want to keep the skin or delete it. That way, you can preview skins "live" without having to keep them on your computer.

- Fastest. It is faster than Internet Explorer AND Firefox, and on average, it is the fastest browser on ALL systems.

- Open the browser as it was when you closed it. When you start Opera, you can open it as it was when you closed it. So, if you had 5 different pages open in one tab each, all the 5 tabs will load automatically. This can of course be disabled.

- More secure than Internet Explorer and Firefox. It is more secure than Firefox, and of course more secure than IE.

- Good password manager. The password manager is much better than in IE or Firefox. Also, the passwords are encrypted, unlike Firefox. So if anyone uses your computer and you have stored your passwords in Firefox, they can actually see them! But in Opera, it is safe.

- Mail client, IRC client and RSS client. Good for me, since I use all of them.

- Easy to customize.

And for Firefox lovers, this is why I don't use Firefox:

- Too slow. Really, it is. It's not much faster than IE actually.

- Hard to skin. When downloading skins, I have to restart the browser. If I don't like the skin, I have to disable it, then delete it. Woah, that's too awkward.

- Only a simple web browser. No mail client, RSS client, IRC client. I would have to have 4 programs open instead of 1.

- Scrollbars. For some reason, the scrollbar doesn't change color even if the CSS tells the browser to do so. I like when it changes :)