xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Microsoft

Computer Problems I need help please =(

What are you talking about? F11 is in many browsers (you are using one to read this) for full screen. There is no option (during or after the boot) that you can do somthing like that with F11 (at least not in WINDOWS)?

F8 if pressed during booting process brings up startup options where you can choose which operating system to start and in which mode. Other useful keys are Del (or sometimes, depending on mb F1) for BIOS.

If you think you have viruses, then reinstaling windows (if it is windows) wont help you a lot, since you'll still have them. Reformaiting your hard drive is the best solution (asuming that you dont have any important data on that disk). If you plan on formating and want to save data (on cds or whereever) remember to rescan those after reinstall.

JMO

196591[/snapback]

Lol you must me real blind then it comes out real fast. so when your starting the computer click F11 non-stop and see what happens, its the option to re-boot your system, and i am running on Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005

I would recommend not re-formatting you system if you have no way to back up the data. If you can back-up, it is recommended that you reformat your system atleast twice a year to keep it running quick and smooth. If you can't backup i would just reinstall windows over the same partition and if possible create a new partition to store all the files that are important to you so if windows crashes you can reformat just the windows partition and not all the other ones. Also, the comment about not reformatting, windows is very unstable over long periods of time. After roughly a week memory will be leaked and eventually the blue screen of death will reappear. How hard is it to turn off your computer when you go to bed once a week? Plus keeping the computer on all the time isnt good for it cause it tends to eventually overheat and or damage parts of it since any computer card heats up quickly and no matter how well they are made will burn out if kept on for a long period of time.

I would recommend not re-formatting you system if you have no way to back up the data. If you can back-up, it is recommended that you reformat your system atleast twice a year to keep it running quick and smooth. If you can't backup i would just reinstall windows over the same partition and if possible create a new partition to store all the files that are important to you so if windows crashes you can reformat just the windows partition and not all the other ones. Also, the comment about not reformatting, windows is very unstable over long periods of time. After roughly a week memory will be leaked and eventually the blue screen of death will reappear. How hard is it to turn off your computer when you go to bed once a week? Plus keeping the computer on all the time isnt good for it cause it tends to eventually overheat and or damage parts of it since any computer card heats up quickly and no matter how well they are made will burn out if kept on for a long period of time.

i'am not sure the problems your computer encountered, however, it seem that may be virus infected and start running or may be the harddrive damage. coz you haven't provides information of your computer. which os and version having installed? windows xp home, pro, or windows media center. as fffanatics said, for beginn, i'am not format harddrive, instead use windows xp cd-rom to check if hdd damage or not. then, to repair boot environment by use recover console( use command fix boot). then have to re-installed the windows on the same partition. then, check if it still virus. if did, clean it, if did't, backup all the data of your computer. finally, re-format the harddrive or just delete the old windows.

a new windows should be installed if not more problems. now, go your dial-up connect and enable your internet conenction firewall. throught it's not the good one, but that will given your a base level protection. :)

- hope this help

Lol you must me real blind then it comes out real fast. so when your starting the computer click F11 non-stop and see what happens, its the option to re-boot your system, and i am running on Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005

197352[/snapback]

I checked this one (F11 option) and this did not work on me I do have XP SP2, so I'm not sure on the exact problem you're having.

Just some questions, how long are you using this system? What did you do or install before the problem appeared? Does restarting the system normally (through Windows Turn Off option) give this same problem too?

I think your computer has been infected by viruses.So you should try to have full system scan.i hope it will work...

or have you deleted some windows file? Usually they warn before u delete..

Good luck anyway.

please i need help, i cant reboot my ststem i think the hard drive is damge or something, i think alot of .dll files are missing, also alot of registry files, this is a big mess please i dont know what to do some programs of mine dont work.

191916[/snapback]

There is an error in installing sound driver after formatting comuter that is ""install hdaudio faliure"" like that.-reply by Prateek