xisto Community
Cain

Is There An Alternative To Posting? Need some ideas...

Hey, guys. Recently, as I'm sure is the case with many other members of Xisto.com, school has started. It has brought along with it many new responsibilities and activities that take up much time. Because of these new obligations, I know personally, it has become much more difficult to post on the forums. I understand that this community is based around the forum and the participation of the members in this community, but I was wondering if perhaps an alternative could be explored.If I'm not mistaken, the majority of Xisto.com's income is rooted in ads posted on the main website and forum. Would it not be possible to allow members to simply click on the advertisements to maintain their hosting credits? I understand that this goes against what you have attempted to establish with the forum community, but I honestly believe that those who are already posting frequently will continue to even if presented with this new option. Allowing members to click will just increase the size of the overall community.Again, I understand that this idea strays from the original intentions of this community and may receive little support, but please consider the idea. Thank you.

What you are talking is strictly against the rules.Advertisers invest in a lot of money for marketting their products and We do not want to harm their precious investment for our personal benefit. In short, its Cheating and we will never support it.We might in future launch Ad-supported hosting in which a Small ad will be placed on your site. You are free to use that service and you will require to be active at our forums.

strictly against the rules

He's right and not just in the sense that it's dishonest. In the google Ads TOS there is a policy that states you are not in any was to encourage, require or otherwise make a user click an ad, it is to be done on our own free will. That of corse is google, but I'm sure other ad providers have simmilar rules.

Hey, guys. Recently, as I'm sure is the case with many other members of Xisto.com, school has started. It has brought along with it many new responsibilities and activities that take up much time. Because of these new obligations, I know personally, it has become much more difficult to post on the forums. I understand that this community is based around the forum and the participation of the members in this community, but I was wondering if perhaps an alternative could be explored.

I must say I do sympithize (that really isn't spelled right), I to am faced with this reality and would just like to say, keep your credits up, and post as often as you can whenever you can! Although I would like to see the credit system be a little more generous, it seems to have become more strict.

Really, it's not too hard, even with school. If you can only get online, let's say, two times a week (not counting weekends), then if you make 3 posts as long this one Cain, that will earn you around 6.5 credits. Plus weekends, and you're covered. And advertisers only invest because they hope their service will be bought, and they'll earn money. Just <- snipped -> is unfair to them. The nice thing is, with some advertisers (like bidvertiser), you can put ad son your website that would be helpful to people who visit. Then you and the advertiser will earn money. And this post earned me 2 credits. It's not that hard.}

If you don't have to time to contribute to this forum, then why are you running a site anyways?If you really think that you can't come onto the forum, then you shouldn't be running your site. Just coming onto the forum, looking for a few places of interest that you can post at is very easy. I used to be like you, always thinking that being forced to post here for the host is very time consuming but I learned that it gets easier as you go on. I have school too, I have Homework too. In fact, I'm in one of the top 3 HighSchools where I live, and I don't think I should belong there. So my pressure is far more greater than what you're handling from what I've heard.Now, i'm not trying to be mean, I'm just giving you some advice. Come onto the forum whenever you have freetime, and just browse the entire forum looking for places of interest. I'm sure you can find something, whether it is gaming, general chatting, helping someone, or requesting help. And when you do find someplace of interest, the rest should be a piece of cake. Just post to your heart's content and when you feel like you have enough credits until your next visit, you'll be fine. I hope this post helped you Cain. :P:huh:

well of course people forgot to metion that you can pay to get credits as well since that is an option for you to choose.

Look at everything Xisto has to offer over all other hosts. What you have here, is something much greater then what alot of 'paid' hosting gives you. Every hosting solution has its 'needs', and the posting here is Xisto's need so to say. If you really can't keep up with it, It will be sad to someone go, but find somewhere else. You'll come crawling back.