xisto Community
BordaForx

Secrets To Getting To The Top Of Google Search Engine Optimization Tips for Google

Hi, here is all I know: (well... a brief, selected excerpt)

A site needs to have history. Google likes a site that they can see has changed. You won't become no. one straight away!

DO NOT DO ANYTHING RISQUE! You think it could be wrong, you had best stay away from it. Google Bombing is a great example.

Changing content is good for search engine results. Get an RSS feed up on your site for instance.

optimise for only 1 keyword, not many

Put that keyword in your meta keywords tag ONLY ONCE

Include the afore mentioned keyword in your meta description as much as possible (don't go overboard though, or google will think you are spamming them i.e. keyword, keyword, keyword is bad!!!!)

Include the keyword as many times as possible in your main body. Obviouslly again, in context of the content, and don't go overboard.

NO LINK FARMING WHATSOEVER

Search engines don't like duplicated content. Do not just copy and paste articles off the internet for use on your site. SEs will lower the importance of your site because it is the same as another one, even if not graphically.

Try to avoid using long, dynamic urls for scripts (eg: domain.com/script.php?s=adhhd&ssid=uausuud&this=that etc...) a good alternative would be to use the mod_rewrite rule for apache

Sorry, that is all I can remember at the moment

Tom

PS: Yahoo and MSN are out to build a diverse list of websites - Google are out to build an informative list with a more relevant search script than the other search engines. Their algos (don't even ask me to spell that word) are different to MSN and Yahoo, but are much more diverse. They also use Pagerank to help with their algos, which also helps with links. This dosen't mean MSN and Yahoo are bad, but then again, you definitely get better results on google.

A site needs to have history. Google likes a site that they can see has changed. You won't become no. one straight away!

Changing content is good for search engine results. Get an RSS feed up on your site for instance.

I've heard that Changing Content and RSS Feeds really help Search Engines. I don't really understand RSS Feeds myself, but it helps.

DO NOT DO ANYTHING RISQUE! You think it could be wrong, you had best stay away from it. Google Bombing is a great example.

Why people actually get away with Google Bombing is anyone's guess. But anyone who tries to abuse the system like that should be thrown in jail. lol

google does an update every 3 months! if your site hasn't been crawled sufficently by then then you're not going to be in the serps by the end of the update. so it can take a year.

There are no 'secrets' to getting good rankings in Google (or any other major search engine). Obviously, you can't just place a collection of keywords you would like to target in the meta tags and then have Google give you a number 1 ranking for those pages. People have tried nearly all the tricks in nearly all the books, and Google gets wise to 'blackhat' SEOers. The ultimate punishment is being dropped all together from Google's index - and it doesn't take a great deal for them to do so, especially if you aren't already well established. The only way to get decent rankings in any search engine that is worth having decent rankings in is by providing quality, optimized content, and being patient. If your site contains good content, then search engines will pick up on this, and your rankings will start to rise.

Having links pointing to your site is good for rankings, but not critical - regardless of what a lot of people seem to think (I am speaking from first-hand experience here). Search engines weigh links based on how important they consider the page that contains the link to your site - so a poorly ranked site that the engine sees as having low-quality content and not being of much use will not do anything to help your rankings (it has been said that they can even have a detremental effect), but a link from a highly ranked site that the engine considers to be of high importance will help to increase your rankings. They way they figure, if a good site is pointing to your site, then your site musn't be so bad either (although a single link from a decent site won't automatically grant you number 1 rankings).

Just to dispell some myths concerning SEO, some time ago, I set up a small web site on a domain name I wasn't using that related to Internet-based marketing and advertising. I ended up stopping work on the site, but didn't take it offline. There was not a single link pointing to it, and pretty much no one knew of its existance - the domain name didn't contain any special keywords, and I'd nevere really mentioned it to anyone. After about four months, I was checking the logs for that server (which hosts several other web sites) and noticed that I had been receiving quite a lot of hits for some pretty decent, competetive keywords - and sure enough, when I checked them in Google, Yahoo! and MSN, I had top-ten pages for all of the keywords and phrases. I was quite suprised by this, as I hadn't really put any time into the site and hadn't optimized the content a great deal. But it goes to show that well-written pages with keyword-rich (but not too many keywords) will get you good rankings, despite all other factors a lot of 'SEO freaks' tend to talk about.

hi

frnd please tell me clearly.

optimise for only 1 keyword, not many

Put that keyword in your meta keywords tag ONLY ONCE

Include the afore mentioned keyword in your meta description as much as possible (don't go overboard though, or google will think you are spamming them i.e. keyword, keyword, keyword is bad!!!!)

Include the keyword as many times as possible in your main body. Obviouslly again, in context of the content, and don't go overboard.

NO LINK FARMING WHATSOEVER

Search engines don't like duplicated content. Do not just copy and paste articles off the internet for use on your site. SEs will lower the importance of your site because it is the same as another one, even if not graphically.

Try to avoid using long, dynamic urls for scripts (eg: domain.com/script.php?s=adhhd&ssid=uausuud&this=that etc...) a good alternative would be to use the mod_rewrite rule for apache

Sorry, that is all I can remember at the moment

Tom

PS: Yahoo and MSN are out to build a diverse list of websites - Google are out to build an informative list with a more relevant search script than the other search engines. Their algos (don't even ask me to spell that word) are different to MSN and Yahoo, but are much more diverse. They also use Pagerank to help with their algos, which also helps with links. This dosen't mean MSN and Yahoo are bad, but then again, you definitely get better results on google.

realy good.............

Hi Friends,
if you are looking for the best ranking in you site you should read Seo-made-easy
which is the best ebooks to get the most from SE

but if you want to find a site that will automatically enhance your traffic check this site:
the Best Seach Engine Ranking

but I just talk a glance of it to get the higher rank in SE:
1- you should put your site in SE
2- check your keywords and competitors that have and best keywors for the starter is
the keyword with lower competition that you can check them by Word tracker.
3-put your keywords in your images and on the bottom of the page
4-put specialized keywords for each of your pages
5-use articles and newsletters and blogs that reffer to your site to enhance your ranking

ok guys, long time no seen, but now back to the forums with usual :) questions: i've heard a few things about seo, please u gurus in this write your opinions:1) CMS are bad to make your site rank good;2)how important is for google a free .co.nr domain rather than a .org,.info or .com 3) is important for google for how much time you've reserved your domain?4) i don't have a credit card and i'd like to get some money first in my paypall acount or by google check using ad-sense on my site, so that means i need to park it on a free domain for now, which are the best so that domain names don't interfere too much with my google ranking?Thanks for answering a few words to all my questions, realthor.

Here is a detailed information on ranking well in google and don't name it as SPAM.If you want to rank well, you need to convince google that your page is important...the way you convince google your page is important is by making sure that a link to your page (your url) can be found on many other pages...this is called a back link..for example.. if i am creating a website about ferrarris.. it would be beneficial to my page rank if my website link appears on the following sites (for example, imagine the following ferrarri pages all have high page ranks)ferrarri homepagemichael schumacher homepagesupercars homepage... etcnow.. this is called a related link..there are many 'link farms' and 'link affiliate schemes' that basically put loads of random links all over the place..although these still count as links and will probably add to your rank.. it is better to get your website url listed on a page that is similar to what your page is about..google is gettin cleverer everyday.. so they now analyse the quality of links aswell, rather than how many you have..they will look at many things, for example.. if i want my ferrarri link to appear on a page.. it is better if the page it appears on has the following properties..ferrarri in the page title..good unique content about ferrarrisother links to important ferrarri pages.. etcwhen google sees that this important ferrarri page links to my website, which is also about ferrarris, it thinks.. oh yes.. this is good..a link to my ferrarri page on a site that has the above properties will be of higher quality than a link on some random page with 100s of other non related links on it..so, make sure you try and get as many quality links as possible pointing to your website..this is called off page optimization, because obviously they are things that will improve your rank on other pages..(other peoples websites)on page optimization is how you prepare your page..i would need to make sure that my page has the word ferrari in:the page title, the meta description, the meta keywords, and in amongst the content...but it is not as simple as this.. there is a thing called keyword density.. you dont want to give your page a title offerrarri ferrarri ferrarri ferrarri..it doesnt work like that.. you have to include other related words in the page also, and try to include as much unique content as possible, such as the word car, engine, motor, f40, f50.. blabla..this way, you are showing google that your page does include the term ferrarri in the right places.. but also has lots of other useful info about ferrarris...now.. dont expect results overnight.. it can take months or sometimes longer for google to realise that your page is being linked to by all these other pages..so what do you do.. you do what we all do.. get more links.. isnt it fun.. make sure you email sites properly the first time..the first impression is the last impression.. what you can also do is take a look at your competitors..if i type ferrarri in google.. i will concentrate on the first 20 results for example..you can type link:http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ into google, and it will show you SOME of the pages that link to that site.. not all of them..there are also programs such as SEO Elite that basically do this for you hundreds of times.. they can provide you with some very useful information regarding which sites link to your competitors and so on..i hope that is clearer, have fun.Puneet M

To get a high Google ranking you need to do on page optimization techniques for your chosen keyword phrases as well as off page things you can do. If you want to learn about this fun stuff, simply download my free Ebook at my website. In it, I teach you how to get a top ranking through several examples. You'll learn how to outrank your nearest neighbor in the SERPS. I recommend some great tools for your SEO efforts.

I tried the meta tags thing and it never seemed to work! I don't know why! Philb.com says to use a META tag such as:<META name="keywords" content="a, list, of, keywords">but when I do that, nothing ever shows up on Google. I don't really get why...

I agree with Spectre. There is nothing better than quality content. Basic reason for this? Google is always adjusting their methods to make sure the search results are of a high quality. SEO freaks often go overboard which is a waste of time and sometimes they simply jump the gun like a race horse that was given too much steroids.Make your site with good content that people are interested in. Then continue to expand the site adding pages every other day until you have noticed other sites linking to you. Now you can expect to see some movement in the search engines.I once created a site giving away free images to use as navigation images with no SEO at all and only a few relevant keywords in meta tags. After spending 2 to 3 months building the site with my partner we started looking at log files and discovered we had been getting about 10,000 unique visitors per month and they were staying on our site for an average 17 minutes each. This was amazing considering at the time the owner of bingo.com had been bragging in an interview that they had a stickyness factor of 11 minutes or so. If you build it they will come and keep on coming! Even 6 years after the domain expired I can still find sites with bad links to the site that doesn't exist anymore. This is why domain hounds buy up domains only to fill the slot with some search engine portal, they know there will be residual traffic leftover from when there was quality content to be had. (vultures)One of the sites that was in the top 10 tried all sorts of tricks to get back the spot that my site took. They tried taking apart pages with 20 images each and making instead one page for each graphic image. They looked at the size of our site and must have thought that size would be the only deciding factor in search engine placement. Fools, they never did back on top!You might not think much of this story until I tell you the keywords were "free buttons".I still think back to the day we saw our site on the first page of results on goolge, altavista, MSN, yahoo and even the number one spot for about 10 days on altavista. There were plenty of search results for free buttons even back then. We were number one for a while and top 10 on a regular basis out of hundreds of thousands of other web pages with very little SEO and absolutely no internet marketing efforts. Everyone else was trying to figure out how we did it, trying to get above us in the results by making links back and forth and all sorts of tricks when all they needed to do was create pages and pages of quality content.

The best way to get your site on top of google is CONTENT! Just like most of the people who replied say. Affiliate program also works. But content is still the best. Post a good/credible article and let people link back to you. I believe google rate sites by the number of "reliable" links to your site. Other

Edited by linekill (see edit history)

Correct me if i'm wrong, but the amount of veiws, the amount of pages are the key points of the page rank.If you've created 300 pages, yourself. And not just php scriptted pages, would be a higher ranking then a site with 1 page. But you must have a link to each page on each page. The more related page links you have, the higher the ranking.The amount of customers you have also promotes the sites page ranking, the more people veiw pages, the more page ranking it gets.

For optimizing my site 1st: I do swapped my post title with my site title. I think it is better for google search, because when someone try to search the words with google search, the result of google search will be appears with your post title (article) than your site title. Usually it appears site title and than post title (article) 2nd: I use meta tag description that explain more specific about my site 3rd:Try to interlink the article inside my site. :)