xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Alex_W

Stoping Viruses For Good ways to stop viruses

I think the best way to stop all viruses is to stop people from making software and leave that for the companies to do. But there is a problem, alot of people like to make programs on there own time and at home and stuff. they won't be able to do that anymore. What would you choose:1. to make software or programs on your free time for fun and experimenting. OR2. to leave that for the companies and stop all the viruses and have no worries.What are your thoughts?

If I can create my own utility software, if I can create my own reminder software or things like that with C++ or Visual Basic then there is no reason for me buy those things from companies who already have millions. If I can crack software and remove disk protection from games which I did not a long time ago, why bother waste money.besides, software company has nothing to do with viruses, not all realy becuase anti-spyware and anti-adware software company sometimes infect your computer with this spywares and adwares and trick you to buying their product, it happened to me, anyway going back to the topic. Even if sofware creation are left to companies as long as there is an available Assembler and Dissassembler software anyone with enough knowledge can create viruses. YOu dont need powerful programming language to create viruses. All you need is the two software mentioned and the knowledge in assembly programming. As the saying goes, what can be created can be destroyed. The assembled can be disassmeble. :huh:

Let people do what they like to do!But then if they do it illegaly, its they who will get problem for nothing.DO WHAT YOU WANT TO DO!But DONT BE STUPID!!The only thing I cant realize is why they have to make Viruses for nothing and get trubel for nothing.Its like to stop all from playing fotball and let only the professionals do it only beacuse some stupid guys used duping.Hope you understand that.

Companies sell software. A lot of freeware you find on the internet is made by people in there free time and stuff. If people can't make software, there will be a little amout of freeware on the net. Linux started of as a hobby and now it's professional at OSDL. But people around the world still helps develop linux as a hobby, so let people program! Stop people from programming only stop freeware creation. But viruses are still there, craker don't follow the rule, do they? They can easily disassemble and assemble programs. They can still program in C, C++, C#, VB, etc, etc, etc.Get it? There is no way to stop computer virus as there is no way to stop REAL VIRUS(Being sick)

Hi ,The only way to do what your suggesting is to create an entirely new programming language and keep the source code a total secret. That would be a impossible amount of work and eventually someone could/would "crack" it anyway.The current "tools" for disassembling/assembling program languages(& programs) are freely available on the net (or are purchasable)...so theres no way to keep any current programs written in the current program languages a total secret. Given enough time, resources, money..etc anybody can "crack" almost any program..including the "encrypted" ones. Without that "secret" ability theres no way to stop peOple from making viruses AND OTHER DESTRUCTIVE PROGRAMS.Hope this is clearRGPHNX

I think there is no way virusses can be stopped eternally. As long as there is soft-and hardware, some twisted minds will find a way to create a virus. The only way to stop virusses to get on your pc is to permanently disconnect is from internet :huh:

Well I think that viruses wont stop till the time we have computers and the greed of getting things for free...you know what I mean.Secondly, it will be useless to say that leave the software development to companies only..because there are lot of softwares which you must be using which must have been developed by few individuals so practically it is not possible.Now this is my thinking only and its not to hurt anyone....I think that these anti-virus companies are also helping in development of the viruses because untill and unless there will be new viruses..there product will not be sold...so in order to keep themselves alive they must be hiring virus makers to create viruses and then later on making the definition so that people can be safe from viruses. Who knows that this is happening or not...what I think that this will be going on at this time...not openly but internally.

I think the best way to stop all viruses is to stop people from making software and leave that for the companies to do.  But there is a problem, alot of people like to make programs on there own time and at home and stuff.  they won't be able to do that anymore.  What would you choose:

1. to make software or programs on your free time for fun and experimenting.

OR

2. to leave that for the companies and stop all the viruses and have no worries.

What are your thoughts?

190467[/snapback]

My thoughts are that you are wrong.How many programs do you use that were made by individualists? Windows is "made" by a company, Office is "made" by a company, Photoshop is "made" by a company, Half-Life is "made" by a company...but we still have viruses and worms.What's up with that? The main problem is the operating system (Windows) is mainstream and the perfect solution to this is Open Source.So, shortly, if you don't want viruses, switch to *nix.

Yeah, the *nix have high permission limit so that it'll limit viruses breakability as well. Unless a very good virus is written to pass through a security hole and break the system, but that kind of hole will be quickly fixed, especially in opensource *nix(Linux,*BSD)

Can i ask how you would plan on stopping people from making there own programs?? Its just a fact of life, everywhere there is someone out there, just trying to make the world worse. My thoughts say, If we stop people making there own programs why can't we stop people making electronics, as they coul either 'blow up' or be used to secretly spy on someone. Life has ups and downs, if you take the right steps, you won't have any problems with viruses.Tuddy*Back from 2 Weeks Dead*

I wouldnt think that it would be possible to stop virus's.There are people out there who write the virus's sometimes to try and create havoc , but i think they do it basically for a bit of fun.Not that the end users find it fun when a virus comes their way.

I think the best way to stop all viruses is to stop people from making software and leave that for the companies to do.  But there is a problem, alot of people like to make programs on there own time and at home and stuff.  they won't be able to do that anymore.  What would you choose:

1. to make software or programs on your free time for fun and experimenting.

OR

2. to leave that for the companies and stop all the viruses and have no worries.

What are your thoughts?

190467[/snapback]

Id say number 2 because i get too much viruses on my computer and its so hard to get them out

Yep.IT is extremely hard nowadays to stop the development of viruses created by people. Now is the day where a great load of internet users are learning and programming in a wide range of languages, ranging from LISP to java and c++.It is not possible to stop these languages being programmed in. Firstly, how would they enforce it. If they shut down the java and the c++ website, then there'd just be information on other sites.In my opinion, as long as you have a good quality firewall and a virus protection software then you should be fine.Hope this helps :)