xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
simply-me

Index.html How do you do it?

I know this is soO strange but when i upload my index.html what do i do after wards to make it my index.html for my website?

i know i should know this but im kinda what people would call an IDIOT lol

help me please...

You have to upload it to your www folder, and that should be all.. then go to your web browser, and type in the address...

Of course, the file index.html should have some HTML and/or other code in it!!

Yep, just stick in your public folder (usually public_hmtl or www ) and you will be all setBy default a browser will look for any page named "index.htm" or "index.html" before it does anything else.Xisto creates an index page automatically so you will need to override it with your own index page

to clear things here is a quick step by step process to load the page up1. log in to cpanel2. go to file manager3. go to public folder4. delete the old index file5. upload new index filethere you go that should make it easier for you.

Hm, well, you can go to the FTP, and access your Public_HTML folder. Then, you should be able to upload your index.html there. Don't put in in any other folder. If an old index.html exists, overwrite it. Make sure that it's in the Public_HTML folder or WWW.Then, you should be able to view your index file as a homepage when you type your site URL. If it doesn't show up type Refresh. If it still doesn't then beats me... :ph34r: