xisto Community
dodgerblue

Is There An Adium-like Im Client For Windows?

5 Best IM apps

I thought you might find that link interesting, lifehacker discuses and compared the 5 most popular programs for IM. Personally I think Adium is just about perfect 99% customizable, fast, compact, growl integration...but if your on a windows machine Digsby is what I would recommend all though I think it's still in beta...all though I find beta software usually the best of the software world. (e.i. webkit and firefox 3 beta 5)

I am a end-user from HongKong, I think Digsby (freeware) is suitable for Windows user, and you can add your I'm/email account, such as AIM, MSN, Yahoo, G-talk, ICQ, Jabber & Facebook chat, also the email notifier is quick as other same kind of program. Also a beta freeware "Orgoo", which is much looking great than Digsby, but you need to leave your email contact, because it is still in the personal beta launch, may be will invite you later by email.

Pidgin IM Client

Try Pidgin, it is ported for Linux and Windows. It supports all of the desired formats and is excellent.

Miranda = 1337

Miranda is the way to go. I wanted support for xfire in particular with all the basics! It was awesome, works great! Only complaint is it does not support facebook yet, which Adium did. Still Miranda is the best so far for me! thanks wischi!

-reply by Kick_Nazer

Im looking for a client that has both AIM and Skype. Is There An Adium-like Im Client For Windows?

Is their a client/program that allows for both AOL Instant Messenger and Skype to be used in one for Windows.  It's a pain having both AIM and Skype opened at the same time on my computer. Its annoying and slows my computer down by the amount of memory they use. If someone knows of a solution for this problem, and that would work for Windows, I would lovw to hear about it. Thanks alot. 

-reply by gilgamesh

Aim and skype both work in pidgin. What you need to do to make skype work in pidgin is to download skype and install it. Then you need to login. Once you do that you need to then install a plugin. For now the plugin requires you to be logged into skype and have it running in order to have it work in pidgin but in future that will change.Get plugin from here:http://eion.robbmob.com/ Check out my site here:http://webhosting.thumbtak.net/

-reply by thumbtak