xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jlhaslip

Enabling Html At A Phpbb Cant get it going ...

I think I' ve done everything by the book. It was allowed on the forum ACP, it is allowed by user, it seems to be allowed on the posting form, the tag list has been added at the ACP, the preview accepts it , but the posts show the raw tags as part of the post. Is there anything else I need to do?Does the Admin have to allow it? Is it dis-allowed for the Xisto free hosted accounts?Your help is appreciated.

Are you using stand alone phpBB or php-nuke ported phpBB. As far as my experience is concerned your sort of problem is very common in php-nukers who use phpBB as their forum. If this is the case go to nukecops dot com and search for that problem you will get the solution. Xisto will not disallow you using html in your forum. It is not a problem for them at all cost.

Had a problem with my computer, and I've checked the threaqd and don't see the posting I was in the middle of, so here is a reply:

Thanks for the ideas, fellas. The problem is solved. I will spare you the details, but, for Future refence, I suggest going to the Admin Control Panel and enabling html before you enable it for a user. It might be that the forum needs to be enabled prior to the user.

Does this make sense???

Enabling HTML has the tendency to screw up a forum. Try disabling it or enabling it in your admin panel and then again within your post, if that's applicable. Generally, I would avoid it however.

I kind of agree that "Enabling HTML has the tendency to screw up a forum" especially if there are some mischievious members who add some tables or some formating features that cause problems in layout. Anyway, I don't really think we need HTML in a forum. Forum is meant to be for text discussions and not complicated dynamic stuff.

Both of the above postings are correct. There are some html tags which can do a few weird thingd if they are included in Forums allowing html. A lot of forums are table-based and do not parse properly when tables are entered as posts. For example, the community forums at ebay get extremely messy when tables are entered correctly and they get down right absurdly messed up if you enter an incorrectly formatted table. Heading tags, too, can be not acceptable. What I did was create a list of tags and (values in those tags) to post to the forum to determine which ones behaved and which ones messed up. Then I entered the list of acceptable tags in to the Admin Control Panel. It resulted in a larger list than what is normally supplied, but far from complete tag list.You also have to consider whether the forum members you are dealing with are knowledgable. If none of them know how to use html, it is senseless to include tags they will never have a use for. IMHO.

How to embed the html file on a table according to links?Enabling Html At A Phpbb

Hi everyone!

I'm a beginner user of Dreamweaver. I've made a table and put 10 buttons on left column. I want to put content html files on right of the each buttons.

Here is a thing which I would like to do.

When I click the button no.1, the content html file of the button no.1 should appear on right hand side column, similarly when I click the button no.2 the content of the button no.2 should appear on the same place where the button no.1 content html was appearing before. It should happen with every button. Could you anyone help me please.

Sam