xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
xadoflitan

Site Down?

I am trying now the Internet address supplied above to see if there's a problem. I am using Internet Explorer and I think you are right, because I couldn't access your site neither.It gaves me the following error:"Sorry, no information is available for the URL schizofarm.trap17.com".Maybe you have lost your hosting credits (you didn't have enough) and your account got suspended. Is this right??

Not working here either (Mozilla firefox). Got any credits left?

188813[/snapback]

I got my site working again. I had negative 4 credits, so i had to post some new topics. Now I have another problem with my site though, it says no dns entry when i try to ftp download something, and look at my site, it comes up with no page to display. I dont know what I should do wait till morning? Because I was in the middle of something important with my site when this happened.

Xad

Now I have another problem with my site though, it says no dns entry when i try to ftp download something, and look at my site, it comes up with no page to display.

189175[/snapback]

Well it isnt blank anymore, check parked / add on domains if there might be a problem there?

I have seen some posts somewhat related to what the thread starter has posted here. Its just the case of database which was down for few minutes. Sometimes datebase is down but it never lasts long. You just have to wait.. otherwise you can make one html page inside your site and see if that page works when database is down. The whole site may not be down sometimes.

Also, please note that "some" ISP companies cache certain domain names and sites on their main server. Until that server's cache is either renewed or your site's name is properly propagated to that server, you might experience "page cannot be displayed" message. I know this happens with my ISP when I type yahoo.com. And I know yahoo does not go down once a month at the same time/day. I noticed it with Xisto forum name too. I think it's time for me to change my ISP...