xisto Community
jae-unit

Content Manager

I need a content manager for my site and i need one where my site can be easily made but can put some html here and there but making it still lool professional. What do you guys reccomend? Thanks. :ph34r: Love, jae-unit

Like previously stated, i would go with mambo, WHICH is now beign developed under the name Joomla!
I just whish Fantastico would upsate and add Joomla to the list.

but anywyas. . . yeh, mambo is the way to go, if you want tod esign your own tmeplate however you will need a god knowledge of PHP (my udnerstandign is)

hi,I too would suggest Mambo. It is the best out there among the free CMS(content management systems). Lots of plugins available and easier to configure than most others. I have been using it for over a year now an have also tried phpnuke and postnuke but would choose Mambo anyday over the other two.btw Joomla is not the same as Mambo. On its site it states that it is developed by the same team that developed Mambo.yeah, if it would be available on fantastico or someway on the cpanel, I would love to try it out. My connection is a little slow for downloading and uploading it using ftp.Cheers.

Notice from serverph:
merged 2 posts as per author's request.

here's an old news about mambo. :ph34r: maybe still relevant for those who would want to use it... you will know why it is relevant if you check the link out. :(
http://forums.xisto.com/topic/26287-mambos-developer-team-breaks-with-miro-leaves-project/=

and perhaps it will point you to a new CMS (eherm... does JOOMLA ring a bell?) that can easily surpass mambo. :D

Mambo... is horrid. I mean its so not user friendly and the stuff is so hard to configure. How do I change the outlook of the mainpage totally. I can't. And the stuff about categories and sections just gets on my nervers because there is no simple way to do it. Its all very repetitive work.Of course the plus point is that the website you build with mambo is VERY professional looking and VERY powerful too

yea,mambo is hard to know ,hard to learn.any how i suggested you dont' use the contenet management system if you just making the personal webpages but not so many contents to publish day by day.you would just use the html or xhtml css,it's enought.--ps:this is my mambo site:http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/