xisto Community
AmandaB78

Best Digital Camera By Far! What is the best digital camera you know

I'm not sure what types of cameras are out there because I recently just bought my first one. I used to use a palm pilot to take pictures. I was just wondering what everyone thinks the best *CHEAP* digital camera is. I have a Kodak Easyshare C340 which is pretty good for $210. Does anyone also know the difference between Digital Zoom and Optical Zoom?

Digital zoom lowers the quality of the image and is the same as clicking on the zoom in button on the PC, it gets blurry after a while. Optical zoom is like physically getting closer to your subject, and no quality is lost.Personally I think the Kodak LS753 camera is a good cheap camera. Been using it for a while with no problems and great photos, cost just over ?100.

i have a samsung e720 (selfphone) with a 1 megapixel camera But that should be nothing compared to your cameraand like he saysdigital zooming: the picture is just shown to you larger so like when you zoom in on a picture on your pcif you zoom in to much you will lose qualityoptical zooming:this is the best one because you dont lose any qualitythe lenses of your camera just get closer or furhter from each other so they will enlarge something more or less i dont know for sure but i believe tat how further your lenses are away from eachother, the better you can see something in the distanceand more close to eachother means that you can see less furhter

I have a Kodak DX6490, which is a little more expensive that I think you are looking for. The 6490 is a 4 megapixel camera that has 10x optical zoom. Which really is the only zoom you need to concern yourself with when looking at digital cameras. When taking a digital photo you never want to use any digital zoom because you will just be limiting youself in the long run. You are much better off taking a wider angle photo and zooming via software later.But if you can afford it the dx6490 is a great camera great color and you can zoom like crazy with out losing quality of the image.

Posted Image[quote name=AmandaB78' date='Sep 20

couse is so small :ph34r:

i have a one really big sonny and is very ugly :D

so i think that is best digital camera.

have a nice day

189243[/snapback]

Hey..what is the full camera name for that? And how much was it? I need a small camera.. .At the moment I use my mum's and it's not all that good. It's a Optio Pentax 5si or something like that it's smaller than a credit card but not small enough for me. I think it costed more than 200 pounds(sterling), which is OK for crap digital camera. It's 5mp and it's got the zoomie thingy. REALLL Easy to use.

I use a Nikkon coolpix 4300 and love it throughly. I'm an ardent Nikkon fan course I think their cameras are much better than those from sony or Canon. regarding digital zoom, my camera allows 2 X digital zoom, but I think because of the advanced technology in the camera, the quality isn't really reduced. Its different from zooming in at your computer. The quality provided by the 2X digital zoom is still higher than if you 2X on your computer I think for the reason they built in software somehow managers to decipher what the missing colours are and give it a high resolution.I love the scenes mode which allows you to take pictures at all times of the day. Very nice pictures and you don't even have to be a photographer yourself. I took this night shot of Japan from the can't remember the name of the building, but I think its from one of the tallest buildings in Japan la, and the night scene of lights and buildings was just great.Don't have the picture at the moment, but I'll try to upload it soon.

Hey..what is the full camera name for that? And how much was it? I need a small camera.. .At the moment I use my mum's and it's not all that good. It's a Optio Pentax 5si or something like that it's smaller than a credit card but not small enough for me. I think it costed more than 200 pounds(sterling), which is OK for crap digital camera. It's 5mp and it's got the zoomie thingy. REALLL Easy to use.

i like neat digital camera as well,which is convenient to take any time.recently sony put out a new DC series,cyber shot T7

Posted Image

it is very thin...

Posted Image

you can readly take along it in usually ,with it in your pocket.

Posted Image

189248[/snapback]

i don't known i't looks expensive.

have a nice day!

We have two cameras. A powershot A40 with 2 megapixels and both digital and optical zooms. It produces quite good images. We also have a cheaper Vivitar with 4 mega pixels without zoom, but as previously had been stated, it is the image size that is being produced that is important.So, when you want to buy a camera look at a couple of things. Especially, what do you want to use the camera for. just some holiday snaps. 99% will stay on your computer for ever? take the cheapest camera you can find. You only need quality if you want to print them on photographic paper and want to blow them up to a much bigger size. But then then the options become like a bottom less pit and you can spend so much money it is not funny.Stabilisers, balancing your shaky hands? Propper mirror reflex, that take the picture when you press the release and not 2 seconds later, when the camera decides it is ready.but on a more practicle note, if you don;t want to use internet base services to print propper photographic prints, make sure, you can easily transfere images back to the camera, without the need of a extra piece of equipment, a card reader. lots to consider...

I've been using Olympus digital cameras. I have a 4mp Olympus D590 Zoom which has been alright...great vivid color and at taking pictures of nature. I also have an Olympus 7mp C7000Z which is amazing. :P I hope to get a new camera next summer and my dream camera is a Canon EOS 350D / Digital Rebel XT. They have a 6mp and a 8mp version of it...it is by far the greatest camera I have ever seen and produces high quality images like none ive seen before. :huh:

The best camera is the Nikon d50. Its ONLY 800 bucks so most serious photo people will have no problem shelling out that much money. The LCD screen is pretty big so that good for viewing. however the pixtel is only 6.1 and most expensive ones are at least 7.0 by now