xisto Community
Tonny

Skype Vs. Msn what is the best VOIP

I'm using current version of skype now. And i find that for video chat it is nice application. Also if we compare with MSN/Yahoo it is much better when it comes to cam feature and conference. This is just my experience though. Only trouble or lack of feature i found is that skype is not allowing video conference between multiple members but voice conference is allowed.I'm using current version of skype now. And i find that for video chat it is nice application. Also if we compare with MSN/Yahoo it is much better when it comes to cam feature and conference. This is just my experience though. Only trouble or lack of feature i found is that skype is not allowing video conference between multiple members but voice conference is allowed.

I would go for Skype, MSN seems to be having a lot of down time recently a the new version totally sucks not only in looks but it seems to be crashing a lot for some people. The message system works fine on MSN apart from when you Spam :D however on voice even with my super fast connection you still get lack spikes in with the voice and you have to ask them to repeat it again which becomes very annoying for both of you. Skype the messenger bit needs a bit of working on I am not fully satisfied with it however the call system is superb! I get High Quality calls all the time with No lag I have never seen skype down for maintenance and over the years it has come a long way! I like the option on skype of being able to call landlines or Cell or Mobile Phones, You get one free trial when you first get your skype account to test it out see the quality which again is fantastic even Internet to Phone! The webcam technology built into skype is just a piece of art work really... Its just something I cannot describe.Skype, Compared to MSN. I would go with Skype :).

I use Skype for 3years with my Job..this was good until last year.. it started to delay 1~2 hours. delay means no communication!maybe traffic is overloading. until the situation solve i can't depend on Skype. :( messanger... i never used it for my job but i am afraid about security. is it ok to put sensitive info?

I havent used skype before but I was thinking of getting on to communicate with family in other countries.

I use msn very often but when on video call it is very slow!!

What is a better choice ?

Which is better for sharing photos ? :blink:

I have used both Skype and MSN in the past and I would say that they are both quite hard to compare against each other as they both of them are extremely good products and both are used by an extremely large user-base.At a push, to compare these products I would say that Skype probably wins in terms of communication. Many firewalls and routers limit the connectivity of MSN messenger due to the fact that in order for a connection to be established, a port needs to be open on the user's firewall and/or router. With Skype, although you may still need to open a port or two, I have noticed that they have programmed their product to try and detect an open port available and use that which means that more users will be able to connect to Skype.In terms of functionality, I would have to say MSN wins easily. MSN Messenger has the drawing/whiteboard functionality included as well as many games and activity to choose from, instant messenging and it also links in to Windows remote assistance which can be used for remote support. Skype does have some of this functionality but not to such an extent.Skype does have the SMS and telephone connectivity though. For an additional payment you can telephone to mobiles or landlines or send text messages direct from Skype. As far as I am aware I don't think this can be done by MSN, certainly the telephone can't.Finally, just to confirm the ease of use/user friendliness. Having used both of these products I would have to say that to me, Skype seems to be the easiest program to use. MSN used to be quite easy to use but in my opinion, I feel this is worse now since Microsoft have hidden the menu bar by default. You have to click on the 'Show menu bar' link first.In conclusion to this comparison I would have to say that these are two similar yet different products. Many people will disagree and agree with my comparison. Users that have used a certain product for years will continue to use the product that they have grown with. I would have to say, my recommendation would be to have accounts with both of these products. The two programs can run alongside each other easily so that way you get the best of both worlds :)

I personally like to use Skype more since I prefer to talk to people with my voice rather than talk to them with text because I find it much easier to send and recieve information quickly. I also use Skype to get my vocal lessons online and I swear that it is almost as good as having vocal lessons in real life except for the fact that you cannot touch them. Me and my instructor both have high quality web cameras so it looks pretty clear. The webcams are clear enough so that she can show me her larynx as she shows me the correct technique to hit higher notes. I also use Skype as a replacement for Ventrilo when I am gaming. The only problems that I have really had were small connection problems that pretty much killed a game for us. However, it only happened once or twice. It does not really happen that frequently. I only use MSN to have a quick chat with people from HackForums, w8baby, etc. when I need to perform a business transaction or something. Another thing that I would liek to add to skype is the fact that I can use it on my iPod Touch. I found it pretty useful when I am showing my friends something or if I am in bed and am too lazy to get on the computer to talk on Skype. It's very convenient.