xisto Community
Tonny

Skype Vs. Msn what is the best VOIP

Skype is for vedio chating and voice calling more than chating... while msn is amazing for chating, file exachanging besides it has nice user interface and colors ... and amazing technical support ... once I had a problem in signing ... in less than 24 hrs they had solved my problem... and for my I have been using it for my whole life :D

I don't use voice or video chat, so I don't know about them quality, but skype is better for me.Skype is easy to use and I'm used to chating with skype.

I am not a fan of MSN or windows live or whatever they're calling it these days. I prefer Skype. Voice calls are great, I haven't tried VIdeo conferencing with it yet. I prefer using AdiumX (Mac), Pidgin(Win), or MirandaIM (Win). I loved version 7 of MSN Messenger, then they went and put all these bells and whistles that really don't appeal to me, that really annoy me more than anything. Skype is pretty good. I like the look of it, the feel of it, and it doesn't crash or play up like MSN for me.There is only one problem I have with skype, ONLY ONE OF MY FRIENDS USES IT!

such a old thread! :D:( I prefer to choose Skype, thoug I used te be a fan of MSN.Since MSN has lots of annoying ads and it is becoming huge, I give it up. I change to choose skype.in some country, skype is also very anoying, popping many windows and advertisements. this situation only happen in some countries, perhaps some companies which cooperate SKYPE modifiy the software a little bitter. as far as I know, in North american, the skype is very clean. I like it. and when I need a new version, I go straight to skype.com, rather than any other different form urls. they are like traps.

haha c'mon MSN ?? I've used it twice and it was a bluff..Skype is the best but the bad thing is it's not so used in my area so I don't really use it...A great thing is the voice and video that works 100X better than on any other messenger service that I know...

i would have o say i perfer MSN to any other Instant messenger i have tried.It has mant features that are just beter than the rest of IM applications...The emoticons are by far the best, as well as the ease of adding custom ones.The support for winks. And for setting the backgroundIt allows you to "nudge" people.The webcam, and video call features are the best ives seen.But most of all, it is the most popular, so much easier to find friends on it. And there are also many addon programmes.

I use MSN, because its very populair, clean, fast and easy to use.Tried skype once, but worked very slow in my opinion.But I have to admit, that voice/webcam chat is also awfull slow on MSN.So thats why I still use MSN ;)

Edited by optiplex (see edit history)

I was watching this video where this guy was playing halo in his computer. Then he got a phone call and just went out of the game window and clicked accept the call. He then started talking to the guy, and he went back to his computer game and still was talking with the person. Of course he was using a mac, but i don't know whats that has to do with it.

haha c'mon MSN ?? I've used it twice and it was a bluff..Skype is the best but the bad thing is it's not so used in my area so I don't really use it...
A great thing is the voice and video that works 100X better than on any other messenger service that I know...

I'll bet MSN is available in your area.... ;)

I'm an MSN person myself. You can still do call and video chats in msn.. even if the quality isn't as good. I usually don't use those functions anyway, so MSN does the job for me.

If you don't use those options then yea your right it doesn't matter and just MSN messanger alone is good anough for you. Because if your not going to use the voice chat features then there's really no point in having Skype.

Well, Skype is extremely good for calling other people. I get better quality, and connections with Skype. MSN voice screws up my voice and bad quality. MSN is a good chat program, but Skype has good messaging as well. I have never been able to do video because of router settings, but they both are very good programs. They each have different common uses, but they do those very well. I prefer Skype over MSN for voice, and I use Xfire for messaging, but I use MSN as well.

I don't know what version of Skype or whether all their sales folks are replying positive here, but I installed Skype 3.8 last week with my Logitech webcam. I have fast internet and it still skips about every other word. The video streams also seem to hang up. I'm still looking for a better way...-reply by Karen

Skype voice quality problems

Skype Vs. Msn

Replying to iGuest Did you ever resolve your problem? I just installed Skype and am having the same problems. Every other word cuts out -- whether PC to PC or PC to phone -- on both sides of the call. And a terrible echo. It isn't even usable. Anyone who can point me in the right direction for resolving this?