xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
bmxpunker2005

Double Leg Takedown wrestling moves

Hello everyone, this is Jason Bray future MMA champ, today I will describe to you how to perform a double leg takedown. (The importance of this move is critical for any grappler/wrestler looking to take his/her opponet to the ground to work his submission/ground and pound skills).step 1 (the setup) Before you shoot in on your opponet it is extremely important to set your opponent up for the takedown. Even if you have great takedowns a nice setup will make life that much easier. Now there many different ways to set your opponent up. One of my personal favorite include faking or "fienting" a shot on your opponent, He will get ready to sprawl or counter your fient. While he is reestablishing his base shoot in with all you've got.The shot: there is more than one way to shoot in on your opponent. The important thing is that you dive deep in between his/her legs. you want to aim past your opponent. As far as distance goes different people have different abilities when it comes to how far away they can shoot in on their opponents. A good rule of thumb is to only shoot in if you can touch your opponent.Riping: too many people fail at takedowns once they grab the legs beacause they lazily pull the legs and drive straight towards their opponent. You want to RIP your opponents legs out from under them, and Drive either to your left or your right at an angle to throw off your opponent's balance and to score a better position.Thats it. It's not a very complicated move but it is one that needs to be practiced alot. Once again work your setups, practice distance, rip their legs out from the ground, and DRIVE with everything you have.I'm not much on computers but I would like to continue sharing what I know about self defence, Martial Arts, and sports. If I'm allowed to show a few images in tutorials please let me know. If not then once I get the required credits and upgrade my site, the I will just provide links to my site on these techniques were I hope to include videos as well. Thanks for reading.Jason. any questions please email me at bmxpunker2005@yahoo.com

Yes, it highly appreciated. We would like you to share everything. It doesnt matter if it is not related to computers. As long as you are posting genuine information, its cool :ph34r:Tell us more about your achievements in this field.

I must agree. Excellent information, and as long as you have something to share, it's better than being a knot on a log.Who knows- if you get enough 'fuel' behind you, you could eventually cause us to create more sub-forums in the tutorials section :ph34r:Panda

This is one of the first moves you will learn if you ever go into wrestling. If I may add something, you want to make sure that you get on top of your opponent right after you perform the double leg takedown, unless you want him to get away :ph34r:

Wow thanks to everyone for all of their positive feedback. I didn't know what to expect. And thankyou for your addition "rejected". I should of explained that part. Anyhow, one of my goals is to put out alot of tutorials with video on my site. I think I'm going to use putfile.com for the videos, but I would prefer not to have to link to their page and just view the videos from my site. So if any of you know of any video hosts that would be awsome. I just want people to be able to click and view streaming video rather than download the files. But my and team I are gonna take pics next weeks for some instructionals, following that videos. I would like to make a free resource of the best Martial arts techniques and training for free for everyone. I'm going to figure outr how to add a forum as soon as I get the time. And someday I will post like crazy so I can upgrade my account here at Xisto.com Anyhow thanks again everybody for the positive feedback, Cheers!

I just started coaching middle school wrestling. I am a former wrestler but need help teaching the details. I hope you add to your site you point out some great stuff and I look forward to seeing more

I just started coaching middle school wrestling. I am a former wrestler but need help teaching the details. I hope you add to your site you point out some great stuff and I look forward to seeing more