xisto Community
jae-unit

Uses For Computers What do you guys use computers for?

I have a computer for getiing news and playing games (since my ps2 broke :rolleyes: ) and mostly for talking to people that are close to me. What do you guys use yours for?

187213[/snapback]

I have two computers, a laptop and a pc (which should soon be replaced by a mac; it needs to be replaced anyways). I use the laptop mostly for schoolwork and instant messaging, and my pc for instant messaging and playing games. I also edit photos on my pc.

I use my computer for every thing.sending mail, checking intenet, browsing sites, designing, writting, rarely playing game and so on...

My main use for the computer now, to help maintain my community website. I also do what most other people do on their computers - use msn messenger, check email, post on various forums, play some games. and do some work.

I mostly use mine for playing cards on my desktop, arcade games online, and surfing. I consider it like having my own public library at home, and use it to study whatever interests me at the time a lot. I do a little graphics work on it too, and I have a ton of music on it that I listen to. And I'm fascinated by web development and website design topics, so I read up a lot on those. And reading newlsetters on whatever topics I'm signed up for currently.

I use mine for everything....Webdesign, gaming, news(digg.com is the best), talking to friends, running my buisness,audio editing for my band, video editing for fun and special requests, idk...I just do everything on my computer

anythiing pretty muchgames/news/sports/hobies/webpages/forums name it i can do it lolive got a fun program called suse (linux) and i run vmware so i can run multiple os;s while on 1 os so its pretty sweet.i use suse for doing stuff like coding and video editing and waht not but yeah windows i use mostly for games

I use my computer for talking to my friends, checking my email, playing games, doing school, and posting on trap. :rolleyes: I use my computer for everything. I couldn't live without a computer.

I use my computer for everything in my life. I play games even though I have 360, I check my mail, browse the internet, go to funny sites (ebaumsworld, break, miniclip), go to gaming sites, go to sports sites to check scores and stuff. I also use it for school. I use almost all of the Microsoft Office programs. I always use Microsoft Word and Publisher and Powerpoint, and sometimes I use Access and Excel. I have just started using Microsoft Frontpage 2003 and I have made a website in my free time (the reason I am here at this website because I am just finishing it and I need a place to host it, hopefully I will be getting an approval soon!) I also use computers for other school thngs on the internet such as using sparknotes and checking my homework on my school website. In my free time I just fool around with all sorts of stuff. I make some cool designs in Adobe Photoshop CS2 and design graphics for sigs and other stuff like that. I also download all kinds of things from P2P servers (my favorites are Bearshare and Shareaza, of course I do all of this leagally ;):) ) I also use the computer for chatting with my friends on AOL instant messager and sometimes to use AIM to upload files and transfer them between my friends and I. Well that is basically my entire life other than XBOX 360 and some time in between that to play sports and watch television. B) I don't know what I would do without a computer!!! :(:(

Edited by brautigam (see edit history)

I use mine for Schoolwork, cause I do schoolwork over the internet which is nice.I also play lots of browser games. Along with some 3D games, but my computer has a bad graphics card and can't handle most of them.I also use it for making websites and coding. I am on the computer around 15 hours a day.

i use my computer for communication/entertainment/information ^^my computer is my connection to the world in a way, becuase of the internet. I use instant messengers and email to communicate with friends locally and overseas for no cost at all, have web conversations for fun too.loads of stuff can be got off the internet, like games, software, music, movies etc...so i download stuff alot =Pi use my computer to play games, listen to music, watch videos during my free time. when i have work to do, the internet really helps in outsourcing for more info.without the computer, it just wouldn't be as convenient. =D

I use my computer too much, but hey thats the world we live in.I use it for playing the odd game, surfing the net, MSN, email, IRC, image/model design, music mixing, web dev, writing stuff, digital photo editing, you name it ...pretty much.

I use mine to:Browse stuffPlay games (on/offline)Design 3D ModelsDraw (photoshop, zbrush, and 3d progs)Design websites, models, etc.Programming (html, php, java)Homework.Work.Chatting.Rendering, and other processor related things.