xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Twilight-seraphim

Super Smash Bros Melee the best GCN game?+fav characters

SSBM is the only video game I'll still play, because of the following reasons:1. Violence is hardly graphic. No blood, killing, wounds, etc. Characters just fly off the screen.2. Nothing approaching nudity or improper dress.3. It's great for competitive play with my brothers.My favorite character is Young Link for one on one battles, and I'll often use Link when facing more than one person or for one on ones. I'm also good with Marth, Peach, Fox, Falco, Samus, and Jigglypuff too.I have 3 brothers, Daniel (15), Matthew (17), and Joey (19). We get some intense battles going and any two of us are a pretty good matchup. We're good enough that we could probably hold our own in tournaments. Though we are each capable of using a lot of different characters, the main ones usually used are:Daniel: Fox, occasionally FalcoMatthew: Falco, but alternates with Pikachu, Marth, Young Link, Jigglypuff, and Sheik as well.Joey: Sheik, occasionally alternates with Samus. Daniel's friend from school, Jarrell comes by a lot too. He uses Marth (Sheik and Dr. Mario sometimes too), and once in a long time even beats one of us when going to Final Destination because he's so good at edge-guarding there. We usually choose Hyrule Castle with no items on for our one on one battles though because it's tough to die cheaply there. There's no moving objects (or attacks from spaceships), and the ground isn't flat enough or small enough for edge-guarding to have as much of an effect as at Final Destination, making it the perfect location for one-on-one combat with no distractions.

Edited by Joshua (see edit history)

Best characters in melee

Super Smash Bros Melee

Replying to Twilight-seraphim

In My opinion my top 5 would be:

1. Dr.Mario

2. Falco

3. Luigi

4. Young Link/Link

5. Bowser

I don't understand why people think marth and fox are great cus they're not!

Sheik's v.Good too also samus aswell.

-reply by hjh smash chief

I only have the N64 version1. Kirby2. DK, mario, Captain FalconMany people think kirby is bad but if you know how to use him he ownsI think the worst characters are link and samus. Link doesn't have a good recovery move and samus doesnt have anything powerful enough to kill with-reply by albino

Adult Link is my absolute best character! Usually I used to play with Peach only, but I hadn't realized how hard she actually was to use. Sheik is good because she is so fast! But I hardly use her because I'm too lazy to transform in to her... laziness is also a very bad thing in gaming.

Super Smash Bros is by far the best Gamecube game of all time. My favorite characters in order are the following:1. Sheik. I don't care what anyone says, sheik is by far the best character, because she is amazingly fast and you can annoy the heck out of people with her hit and run moves; and needle storm.2. Marth, he is much faster than Roy, but is still powerful.3. D.K., with him you can swamp opponents with his extremely powerful moves.4. Ness, you can use his pike thunder to save yourself even in the worst positions. My favorite level is Hyrule Temple, its big and if you stay in the lower part it is exceptionaly hard to die.-reply by The Sledge

Super Smash Bros is by far the best Gamecube game of all time. My favorite characters in order are the following:1. Sheik. I don't care what anyone says, sheik is by far the best character, because she is amazingly fast and you can annoy the heck out of people with her hit and run moves; and needle storm.2. Marth, he is much faster than Roy, but is still powerful.3. D.K., with him you can swamp opponents with his extremely powerful moves.4. Ness, you can use his pike thunder to save yourself even in the worst positions. My favorite level is Hyrule Temple, its big and if you stay in the lower part it is exceptionaly hard to die.-reply by The Sledge

SSBM characters

Super Smash Bros Melee

I don't know why people don't use Roy >.> I mean hes the best for his 1 hit KO B-holding button super final attack murderous anyways my characters are

1-Roy (the best if you perfectly master him, trust me)

2-Marth (because hes like Roy but less powerfull)

3-Link (hes old and he bring back memories and also he has great moves)

4-Young link (because hes just like link except a more little version)

5-Falco (Fast, great moves and his ''side B'' is cool :P

So anyways it sucks that Roy isn't in Brawl cuz he was the very best...

This was probably the only game I play on the GCN other then Tales of Symphonia.For the most part I was good with every character. I had the most fun playing with Marth and Zelda, though.

Peach is the undisputed best character!!Super Smash Bros Melee

Peach is the best character to me but Here is my rank list...</p>

(1) Link- THE MAN(2) Ganondorf- POWERFUL MOVES(3)Peach- annoying as hell. Up and a move ridiculous. Aerial attacks  (4) Fox- strong up kick  (5) Marth-faster than roy(6) Luigi- annoying as hell(7) Young Link- seven yrs younger than THE MAN(8) Falco  (9)Pikachu  (10) Captain Falcon</p>-reply by Peachfan