xisto Community
thebluekirby

Cursing People who use curse words :(

Ok, I'm a student in the 8th grade and I don't say those "bad words" so often. But, I look back and see all those little 5th and 6th graders who go off and start using the "f" word at everyone to think that they're cool and mature. Seriously, i don't think they're acting cool, it's just plain annoying and ebetant T_T and it also gets annoying when people curse in their songs. on the raido, you hear so many "beeps" you can't even tell what they're saying T_T what's the point of adding curse words in your songs if they're just going to block them?does anyone agree with me?

well i agree immaturity comes into play i drop the f-bomb once in awhile and other words that i cannot mention,but its nature though when children pick up these words from other people they think it is cool to drop a few bombs here and there.but with music its nothing angry in those words and what they plan on doing to the rivals if they cross paths or something like that.best thing to do is try ignoring it and you will feel better.

Once you get into your 20's at College mate, it's not to look cool or mature or anything, it's a way of life and many people here at College(including myself), are actually trying to make an effort to tone done on their cursing. Although I suppose it comes with the fantastic package that is the University experience-booze, drunken sex and drugs... what a fantastic life, I really don't want to leave this place!

Well in honesty my opinon on this one is when your in the 5th and 6th grade you are learning a lot from others around you and also you family and family friends. Not trying to put the full blame on parents, but at the same time they do have some repsonsibilities there as well.

the environment around you will impact you directly IMO.however,when living in teenager period,our patriarch or teachers should set a good exmple certainly not to watch violent or adult film is the same way to get better your surroundings as well. :P

I agree with you. I do not like when people sware to be cool because it is quite simply a nusence. Sometimes you may just be talking to your friends and it slips out because you are mad about something thats ok I guess. The only thing swaring can do is make you look bad and depending on the situation get you into trouble.

I don't swear at all. It gets me strange looks in some situations, in school some people thought I was a nerd just because I wanted to be different. It's unoriginality. Kids think it's cool and they want to fit in and they don't want to take the time to actually think of using language that makes sense. I see grown-ups out of college and the drunken sex lifestyle (heehee) who swear a lot as well. Again, it just shows their lack of vocabulary skills.

I say curses unintentionally from time to time.I don't really like it when people curse but I do it too so I can't really judge.People who just curse all the time for no reason is just stupid and immature.I say curses because it became sort of a habit since a really long time ago and can't stop saying it. (At school at least, I never curse at home.)

Cursing with the f-word isn't as bad as cursing with terrible deceases, like most dutch people do :P They curse with the most awfull things here, not knowing they can hurt people who's family died of such a decease, like cancer or similar. I did it myself too when I was in puberty, but I'm glad I gotta kid now, so I can't curse that much.

To me it's like 'Monkey See, Monkey Do'. A lot of children idolize people older then them and when they hear them cursing the children will do the same. Once that child does start swearing the child will turn the language onto another child and the pattern continues. They want to be like the older people, whether it be the way they dress, talk, act, or what ever. When I see someone younger then me throwing off the F-word, I can't help but think to myself that these kids are too young to be saying stuff like that. I didn't even say the words 'Crap' or 'Heck' until I was like 13. I didn't start swearing until I was about 15 and now it's become a second language. When I think about my niece who looks up to me start swearing and cursing I can't help but feeling a little bit ashamed because I am teaching her this. When I see my 14 year old sister whom started swearing openly at 11 I usually have to tell her to watch her language or threaten her.I can't stand to see younger children swearing at their parents or any other elders. I have respect for my elders and when I see this going on it seriously gets me ticked. I can't help but say something rude and obnoxious to them and it all gets turned around on me because the parent of that child always gets in the way of that.

I never swear at home. Only when I'm out or at school, and its not that much anyway. Last week, a seventh grader said "sh*t" in front of his father without realizing it. The next 10 minutes were of his yelping as he got beaten over the head in front of the school. Needless to say, most people were laughing at him because he thought he was "hard" because he could swear.

I think it depends on the environment these kids have grown up in. Parents can only do so much, and they can easily point the finger at any media they deem as "offensive" for their children. Of course, many kids learn a lot from others (especially their peers). I would just ignore it if I heard them use the f-word frequently, as I think sooner or later, they'll say it less and less as they mature.

I swear like a trooper .... always have done .... my father says that swearing is due to a lack of vocabulary, but I disagree .... I think it adds flavour to a conversation ....

however, my language is dependant on the situation and company I'm in .... which I think is the key issue .... it's inappropriate to start swearing in front of people you don't know .... I'm acutely aware that many find swearing offensive and curb my language accordingly .... for instance I wouldn't let rip with a string of expletives on this site .... that would be extremely rude!

it's a vice I know .... but we all have our little vices don't we ???

Posted Image

A couple of days ago a guy swore around me and started to apologize. I asked him why, and he said he tries not to swear around girls. I thought that was sweet. Do the kids today take whether or not there are girls in the area into account when they cuss? But then girls swear just as much as boys. A girl throwing the f-word around is like a girl spitting.