xisto Community
thebluekirby

Cursing People who use curse words :(

I think kids nowadays are a bit too concern about being cool and all that stuff. They start swearing just because some popular people like pop and rock stars do it. To me, they are more of a nuisance than anything else and definitely not cool. By the way, the age at which kids start to swear seems to be decreasing But to their friends, they being way cool. They might just get popular in school for swearing too. But I think all these is kind of shallow

My worst swearword is : hold your breath.......Pflaumenkuchen. It translates as Plum cake. So, you might wonder how one can swear with Plum cake, Plum cake is beautiful thing, it smells lovely when it comes out of the oven freshly baked, sprinkling some sugar on top, some cream. hmmmm it is delicious, so why do I use it for swearing. My little theorie on swear is (leaving aside the aspect of it being cool, which I think is negligible, and growing up helps) you swear, because something goes wrong and you want to voice your contempt and make a shout of disgust. And what better sound to produce, than those that are explosive? Ssssssh....., FFFFFFFFFFFFF...., You can penn up all your agression and frustration about what went wrong and you shout it out. so that's why Pflaumekuchen works, when it is said in German but not, when you use the English translation. In Pflaumenkuchen you have the "PF" so good to release the tension and get all this penned up air out, and the you have the "kuch", which is difficult to say and demands extra agression. Once the word is out, and you hear it, Pflaumenkuchen, all the nice associations that you connect with the word come along, you start drooling, and become hungry for a piece of the slice, and you forget that you just hit your finger with the hammer.I know, it isn't cool, but I knew I am not anyway.

Ok, I'm a student in the 8th grade and I don't say those "bad words" so often. But, I look back and see all those little 5th and 6th graders who go off and start using the "f" word at everyone to think that they're cool and mature. Seriously, i don't think they're acting cool, it's just plain annoying and ebetant T_T and it also gets annoying when people curse in their songs. on the raido, you hear so many "beeps" you can't even tell what they're saying T_T what's the point of adding curse words in your songs if they're just going to block them?

does anyone agree with me?

186598[/snapback]

I know exactly what you mean. They think its just cook because they are kids, and people who are older than them use it. They think it makes them look cool, i actually in my opinion think exactly, i dont really care WHO uses it, anyone in kindergarden, or anyone in collage, i dont mind it unless they are bassicly trying to act cool or show off to somone, i think its also plain immature. Its like:

Blah blah blah! I think im so cool!

I know what you mean dude, i have a lot of people at my skool who do that, it is actually pretty annoying.

I completly agree. Those little children know what there saying is too old for them. They do it because they want to be cool. The thing with the songs is that people are free to express themselves and if they want to scream swear wsords over and over again then that is how they express themselves. It may not be fun to listen to for some people but well that is the songwriters way of expressing themselves

In 12th grade this kid was pulling on my tie ( Yes, we had to wear ties back then in my school ). He was like in 2nd grade, or 3rd, I dunno. And I told him to let go, he didn't. I was just about to smack him, but he let go, said the f-word, and just walked away.

The problem is, swearing is so often used now in movies and in general talk, they're really commonplace and inturn have totally lost the kind of "shock horror" effect, exposing the gravity of the situation. What I find sad is that when I walk past primary schools you can hear children blatantly swearing when it's really not needed. I don't so much have a problem with swearing, but there's a time and a place, even if you're quite lax with that - there is no need to insert a curse word in every sentence.Another thing that irks me is when girls swear unneccesarily - not that I'm saying they shouldn't, but rather, to me, it lowers my perception of their mentality, taking away from the grace and charm the female may have.

Ok, I'm a student in the 8th grade and I don't say those "bad words" so often. But, I look back and see all those little 5th and 6th graders who go off and start using the "f" word at everyone to think that they're cool and mature. Seriously, i don't think they're acting cool, it's just plain annoying and ebetant T_T and it also gets annoying when people curse in their songs. on the raido, you hear so many "beeps" you can't even tell what they're saying T_T what's the point of adding curse words in your songs if they're just going to block them?

does anyone agree with me?

186598[/snapback]

i totaly agree with you... im in 11th grade, and i cant STAND those annoying FRESHMEN who cuss each other out! And then im like, guys just shut up!, and they start cussing at ME!

WHATS UP WITH THAT!?

those words has its purpose and has the right time to air...but saying it becuase you think it makes you cool is not the purpose..those words are meant to release our anger without the act of violence....well.. :huh: i dont use the word a lot but i like to use it when im very pissed of instead of beating someone....

I agree, these words are nothing but a nuisance. I have been brought up not to swear, so therefore, i only really swear, not majorly, when I'm really wound up.I hate these songs nowadays that consist of many swear words, nearly every other word is a swear word.I, personally, don't feel that this is how humans should act. We should all respect one another and be polite and not use offensive words.

I used to cuss alot in my younger years. After comming to a realization of how stupid I sounded cussing I stopped. My friends used to cuss alot too, but I got them to stop.I don't mind cussing too much if something really bad just happened to a person and they need to release feelings through words. It's the people who just cuss just for the sake of being stupid that annoys me, it's strange how these people are oblivious to how stupid they sound when the are doing it.

gawd, I'm so glad a bunch of people agree with me XDSometimes, on shows like family guy, it's ok to curse because well...it's funny XDbut when little kids go out and curse like that. yeah. it's funny. And if you're that age, like...younger then 16, people will just go "no...just....no..." and think you're stupid instead of the exact opsite, even if everyone else is cursing as well. I gotta convince people to stop cursing...not because it's bad...but because it's stupid and getting really really old and weird...