xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
deadlytedly

Biggest Adrenaline Rush In An Mmorpg? Where do you get yours...?

I know this sounds a bit of an odd request, but just wanting to know what experiences in MMORPGs have given YOU the biggest rush :PN.B. If you don't know what I mean by a rush then you've not had one, lol.So I'll start with mine:In SWG (Star Wars Galaxies) my character is a Jedi Knight, this means that at any time that I am playing, any bounty hunter I come across could potentially have my mission.If they have their mission they are able to attack me and attempt to kill me. On my death they will receive around 250k credits and I will loose half a million xps. The later at night I play, the more likely I am to be hunted. Bounty hunters have no honour (in general) and will stalk you, trying to catch you when you are weak.Now in normal PvP (player vs player) I normally don't get a rush as I control where and when the fight is - e.g. I choose to be there and am always ready. BH (bounty hunter) encounters are unique in the suprise factor.The other night was a good example, I was on Dathomir, 7km (a long way) from the nearest starport. Most characters don't venture there alone anymore, and a bounty hunter will hesitate to come find you. So I was riding back at about 3am to the starport with my friend and was half asleep, just about to log off for the night. Got into the starport and BANG, I'd been shot off my av21 vehicle. Myself and my friend hit the dirt and I noticed 2/3 of my healbar was missing :PCaught totally unaware, my force armour (gives me 40% dmg mitigation) was switched off and I had no pvp foods. My friend unable to help me anyway, still wasn't aware what was going on - a bh had camoflaged themselves near the ship terminals and waited patiently for me to return - as soon as we entered he ate lots of drugs and opened fire - 1k dmg per second and I only have a 3k health bar. So.. back to the fight.So.. the first thing I did was use my master enhancer ability, stasis - froze the bh in time for 45secs. Then I healed up and applied my force armour while hunting about for my drugs, lol. Then it was circling the BH brandishing my saber. Armourbreak, saberthrow to knock them down and then pummeled them into the ground. Deathblow and jobs a good un.My template is all about speed and dmg. Low defence but not really needed. Now most BH vs Jedi encounters last 10-15 mins for a 'normal' jedi template. Mine rarely last more than 30secs, that last one was 11secs. 2secs reaction time for me and 9secs to desimate them :P If it lasts any longer than that then I will probably be dead... :( So why have I posted that? Well, by the end of that fight, my mouth was dry, I was sweating, I was shaking like a leaf, I was elated and terrified.I had something to loose, the BH had something to loose, things were at stake. I went from being half awake to alert and ready to kill in the space of two seconds.No game has ever given me that much of a rush, it's like being almost hit by a car and knowing that one or two seconds either way and you'd be dead.... So I'm interested in hearing you guys' stories - where do u get your rushes from?

You might think I'm weird, but I ALWAYS get a huge adrenaline rush when I'm logging on the game. I'm so excited to get started that I get hyper... :P (No really)I also got a huge rush when playing Ragnarok Online. I was a LVL75 Wizard battling against a LVL90 Blacksmith with a Doppelganger Card. I kept steering out of his way, at the same time, casting Lord of Vermillion on him. (He just won't die yet...) Anyway, I think I teleported in the end, because he was making me so angry... He eventually catches up to me and strikes me with a lot of blows with the Doppelganger card's power. Sheesh, I gave him that card... :P Anyway, I also get to heal myself, thanks to the Vitata Card :(. But still, fighting with that guy gave me a huge rush.

Ragnarok Online, War of Emperium (Spelling?) My team, Knight (me), Monk, and Priest vs Blacksmith, Wizard, Hunter and Priest.My team was defending, The hunter and the blacksmith came first, I started attacking the blacksmith, fought for a while, luckily I was faster and better Hp. So he ran off and started using potions (I was chasing him) While that was happening, The monk was getting shot by the hunter, she runs towards the hunter, the hunter then layed a trap (the one that makes you not move) so the Monk started casting Spirit Spheres (yay for fast cast speeds) then finger throw. While the priest on our team was buffing/healing the monk. Soon the hunter started running also.So they run back to the wizard and their priest. The wizard was casting Storm gust. I ran right into it, I was gettin' slaughtered by the spell, and went from 8K HP to a sad 500-ish. And I was now frozen. I was sweating so much, but the blacksmith and hunter didn't attack me. The ran to their priest whom started healing them.But the wizard casted another spell, Jupiter Thunder, so now I was spamming my guild chat for help. 50% Finally the monk replied, 90% I was sweating bullets, and so luckily at the last second of the cast time. My priest healed me. I was freaking out cause I thought I died, but I looked at my Hp, I still had 100 Hp left after the heal then attack. I spammed my red pots and my priest had to heal me.The most Adreneline moment in my MMORPG life. I don't think anything could really top that. By the way, that ended in a good way. Simply, Asura owns all. :P

World of Warcraft PVP'in definately gives me the biggest rush ever. You have to walk up to this chick in the game and she will let u join the battle - and then you wait a cple minutes (which is when the rush builds up) and then you can join when the map is full. And there is this little noise thing that goes off every minute and you jump thinkin that the battle is almost ready.As soon as you zone in the rush hits you - all the other guys on your team are yelling and hollering and buffin each other for the fight . Then the gates open and your massive team pours out and begins to fight for the control points. Then you have to charge around and defeat the enemy and gain control of the resources from the different control points. And you have to clash against other human players and fight skill for skill instead of just hittin a button and killin you opponent. You actually have to outsmart your opponent otherwise you will get pasted. I love it hahaTalk about intense =) and then when on Tuesday morning they update the PVP stuff and you see that you have gained a PVP rank again !!! OOOOO! :ph34r: The higher your rank the better special PVP loot you can get! HooRah!

Starcraft.Has anyone ever sucessfully escaped from a swarm of enemy computers composing of Zealots, Zerglings, Marines, FireBats, and Medics? Well, I have. (Once)It was really really weird. I was a Zerg race and I wasn't doing so well in the beginning because I wasted a lot of time doing...nothing. So when the time comes and I had a chance to rush other computers with a swarm of Zerglings, I did. Although, I was halted suddenly but a march of Marines and FireBats, coming towards me!I immediately went back to my base and built more lings and hydras to defend myself. Then it hit me...The other computers will help attack me too!!! I tried to ask for help from my allies but all they had were a bunch of cannons to defend themselves with no units. I though I was hopeless...I went to upgrade a burrowing abilty while trying to defend myself. My entire frontline was destroyed by the time the burrowing ability was finished. I quickly burrowed about...10 of my drones and sent my 11th drone to build another base. When the enemy came rushing towards my drone, I unburrowed my other 10 drones and escaped, while building other bases along the way to prevent death. Finally, I arrived at an ally's base and rebuilt my army. I hydra swarmed all their bases when I had enough firepower. It was awesome!

EVE-Online

Practically everytime I get some PVP action, and the game is full of it.

I remeber the days when I first start and used to fly around the North in my Kestral frigate (small ship) and managing to take out interceptors (elite frigates). Those were a big rush and winning would fill me with warm wubbliness inside because my kessie+fitting would cost about 300k isk and an interceptor+ fitting was about 10-13mill isk.

Now when I pvp with my corp (our version of guilds) we go in a small fleet of 1/2 battleships, and a bunch of cruisers and frigates, so about 8-10 in total. We fly rampant in 0.0 (lawless) space popping our enemies at every corner. We usually get lone kills but the real rush comes from taking on an enemy fleet that heavily out numbers us and managing to get at least 1 kill while they get nothing.
Then they start calling in all there buddies until we're trapped in the system and outnumbered 3 to 1. We still manage to devise elaborate plans of getting out and do it with minimal of loss.

[hijack]
For more videos of others doing pvp check out the EVE-Online forums then videos section. And I highly recommend the EVE Never Fades video and a player made video call Vanguard.[/hijack] :ph34r:

http://www.runescape.com/ going to wilderness and domination... MAN THATS FUN!

Yooo man I agree with you. Although I think Runescape sucks now, but back in the old days in RS1 just heading for the wilderness with my clan was so exciting and felt the rush of risking my valuable armor and rune weapon. Hey even mining in the wild for coal was a rush because a fellow miner could kill you any minute.

hell yeah! Runescape pvp was scary as hell (if you wanted to actually kill people by taking your good stuff that is). The ultimate high point for me was killing this wizard and getting a MASSIVE amount of runes, along with Wizard Boots, got me about 1mil in profits :unsure: