xisto Community
sunny

Free Google Page Rank Check. A tool to check PR without visiting site

Free Google Page Rank check utility.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Webmaster Friends,

I am now presenting to you a new tool to check the Google Page Rank of any web page.

It is live at http://ww38.clickfor.net/pr.php.

It is Free to use as much as you like. It is web based so, you don’t even need to download any software to check the pagerank. Not even you have to open the page. This feature is useful when you want to know your competitor’s PageRanks :-)

Google Page Rank Check URL: http://ww38.clickfor.net/pr.php

There's also an unobtrusive firefox extension. You have to actually be visiting the site for which you want the pagerank, so it's not exactly what these sites do. It just sits in the status bar and graphically represents the page rank as you browse the net. Also, if you're worried about google keeping stats on the pages that you visit you should only turn on the feature for the pages that you want to check. It's really easy to turn on and off though, you just click on it in the status bar, and it's a tiny icon so it doesn't take up much of your firefox real estate.

--
T17 rules!

Haha, my computer came with an Internet Explorer with the Google Toolbar installed, so whenever I want to see a page's pagerank, I just copy the address from Firefox to Internet Explorer, and I get the PageRank right away. The firefox extension is good, too because it's supported by Google.

As useful as such utilities might be, I would imagine they are against the Google Terms of Service (not unlike automated link popularity checkers or other such utilities that extrat Google results). So I would not recommend using them on your own site too much - although nothing may come of it, it is possible that Google would drop you from their index if they were to believe you were violating their terms.

As useful as such utilities might be, I would imagine they are against the Google Terms of Service (not unlike automated link popularity checkers or other such utilities that extrat Google results). So I would not recommend using them on your own site too much - although nothing may come of it, it is possible that Google would drop you from their index if they were to believe you were violating their terms.

186851[/snapback]

Wow, are you sure? I mean, google has their own firefox extension that shows pagerank. It is still in beta, so maybe they will withdraw it eventually. For convenience, do you have a link to the TOS that you're referring to?

Regarding PageRank retrieval, no, I'm not sure at all - but in the standard Google TOS it clearly states that automated requests to the server are strictly prohibited. Whether or not that is only intended to apply the actual search results I don't know.

Regarding automated link popularity checking and other such search result retrieval, yes, I do know that you can be penalized for it.

The Google PageRank is shown in the Internet Explorer add-on toolbar that Google provides as well, but that's a product from Google itself. If you look at the algorithm used to encode a websites URL and retrieve it from Google's server, it is quite complex and clearly not intended for general public use outside of what Google provides.

I prefer to use a simple tool, very accurate, very easy, very quickly, doesn't need to be installed, just download and run it, insert the link, and press go, and you will see, from 1 to 10, in which that link is, 0 stends for no rank at all.

eXpress Google PageRank Revealer - XPRR
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

the link on the first post doesn't work.. but i tried opeque's link and it works. uh... the lower the number the lower the ranking right?.. lol.. that must mean my site's ranking is pretty low =(.. .i got a 2 out of 10. =(