xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
serverph

Blog Search by Google

Find out what's happening with Blog Search

https://www.google.com/blogsearch?gws_rd=ssl

as you might know already, this is a blog-centric search from google. :( since interest has shifted to blog-writing especially for individuals these past few years, i bet it makes it easier to filter blog searches now.

quick-test: i made a quick search for blog-related articles on "adsense" (this is my primary topic-of-interest nowadays), to see what individuals (and not corporate websites) have on the matter. interestingly, on the second search result, i stumbled upon a forum entry. hmmmnnn..? still in beta... i understand, so maybe a glitch there which google needs to work out. :( but upon closer study, it looks like it was a-okay since what was indexed was articles in xml (which is commonly used by bloggers for article feeds for their readers).

anyway, i welcome this development from google in having this search centered on blogs. :D good thing also that google covers to index all blogs, not just those from Blogger.com - their own blogging network. :P i myself am considering re-doing my *new* sites in blog form. :P not a few of the CMSs today allow blogging-style content management already, so doing this would be a cinch! :(

Of course...But I have one question, Is there any personal blogging facilty such that I can search my own posts which I wrote long fefore? Cause I am stil lstruggling in deciding a bolg service whther to go for a CMS or a hosted blogging ^_^

But there is a bit problem with google blog search!! It seems some where only focusing blogger.com

196396[/snapback]

I don't even think it is only focused on blogger.com I definitely think this is great. Even if is BETA, it is really OK for me. But, BTW, the best blogsearch for me, still Technorati.com

What do you think?

Cheers!!!! :)

Of course...
But I have one question, Is there any personal blogging facilty such that I can search my own posts which I wrote long fefore?

Cause I am stil lstruggling in deciding a bolg service whther to go for a CMS or a hosted blogging :P

blogger which is owned by google lets you search your own blog only through the navbar, nifty tool.
This can help you find your posts, but it sometimes doesnt work, because i tried searching for a topic about which i had written in my blog, it didnt show me the correct result, however a quick MSN search was able to do it. Also i think that google's blog search's feature sort by date/relevancy needs improvement in the relevancy part. I prefer technorati more than this. Plus technorati is the best tool for finding links to your blog, when i use google site link it doesnt show most blog links to your site. Technorati on the other hand does and moreover its index is updated in realtime.

Hope this helps :)

blogger.com and google blog search pick up wordpres blogs that submit pings very quickly. the same day! it could be a very nice way of getting new websites noitced by google and indexed?

This is a nice feature, a lot of things are written in blogs which you won't find with an ordinairy search, so now we can find information from people just posting things for fun as well :angry: