xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
aerin

Other Hosts That We Hate and like to rag on and flame

The only way you can get Unlimited bandwidth, space, mySql servers, all features of paid hosting (and more), total control, dedicated servers, domain names, unlimited pop3/imap emails... you have to get a server and buy a domain. Or you can host it on your own computer! But yes....I totally hate tripod... why did they invent that?I hate freewebs... bad URLI hate geocities... adsI hate angelfire... adsAnd also because they don't have cpanel or plesk or direct admin!~ D O O G A(And doesn't everyone just like my new sig?)

Isn't servers those big, giant thing they sell on Dell and stuff? They do cost a lot don't they? Hmmm.....how do you host your site on your own computer? That'll be neat if I can do that *ponders into space and so on* :D

Ok here is my "Hate" List.Webplanethost - Was create for an amount of time until they disabled my acct. because they THOUGHT that I was using a hacked version of Invision, but when it turned out I wasn't they were to lazy to reopen my account.FrandT - This host wont allow me into my cpanel anymore...for absolutely no reason000k - WONT SEND ME THE FREAKING EMAIL!Tripod - utterly useless and gay. Plus it deleted my step-dads website which he blamed me for...wth.

Pah stupid 00K, they won't send you an e-mail if you use a free web mail client like Yahoo or Hotmail. I was totally furious with them :D

Geocities ads are really a piece of crap!The window on the top-right side really ruins the view of a web site! (and shows up on every html page, instead on just the index.html)I saw an ad on my friends web site that is hosted by geocities.com, and it says that "Yahoo site builder can help you make professional looking websites"... Pffffft... You can upload a great looking website and still it will be ruined by that yucky add.Besides that, low bandwidth, web upload (instead of FTP), no PHP or the lack of any advanced functions makes this free web hosting service look really bad.Anyway... There is no such thing as a great free web host (if you exclude Xisto :D )

I agree, I hate that weird ad thing Geocities put on websites. My friend said that you can remove that ad by adding an HTML code into your index page, I dunno what it is though, but that would be a big help for Geocities users (I'm not one of them of course) :D

I also hate Geocities. Too low bandwith, too many file restrictions, no PHP and MySQL, and many others, plus there's ProHosting (Annoying banner ads on EVERY PAGE, some even interfered with certain layouts of mine.) They also had many FTP problems for a pretty good while.

I used to use Crosswinds which switched to paid hosting. So for one year, I was forced to pay $11 even though I didn't use the website after that. Then I switched to Geocities and I was actually not too angry about it. It was easy to use but didn't have any CGI or other necessities like that. I used remotely hosted scripts for a long time. Then I found Frostyhost. They IMed me 10 minutes after I'd applied, and were very friendly...up until they started posting that it was mandatory to <- snipped -> They had pretty slow correspondence, and their site was always a bit disfunctional. Then they announced they had shut down because the stress was too much. If they had for once thought of member support like these forums, they wouldn't be in that trouble. So I got my stuff backed up, and went scouring for another host. That's when I found Psend which I wasn't satisfied with. And there was Xisto, golden beacon on a trail of woes.

And that's why I'm here posting needlessly long histories of my website's life.}}}}}}

yeah most free hosting is so crappy and ANNOYING i mean sometimes i just want to make a proxy site but even wen i upload the stuff it dosent work at all!!! so freakin ***

Edited by tux3d05 (see edit history)