xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
newjerseyd3vil

How Do You Start Making Your Site?

the new site plan was driven by curious thought and hobby at first.i do set up a simple site with some crude webpage.with time going on,i consider the site as a interesting work.so i rework all page and change its life to outside not only appreciated by myself. :D if you are an amateur,the best way is to build a forum for your site,because maybe you are not good at PHP/asp to design active page at first.furthermore,forum can attract more webers to visist your site and promote your site pr and ip statistic. :D of couse,to stick up for your site is also an aware work to a site administrator.

can anyone tell me how to start making your site like were do i go to see howmany days i have and what im suppose to do to start makin it basicly....if u kno plz reply :D

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Moving from General Talk to Website Discussion > General. Please search the forum before making a new topic. This could be viewed as unwilling to do the work but expecting a quick, easy answer.

185241[/snapback]

first search around for hosting providers *cough* trap 17 *cough*

then build your site in frontpage,dreamwever ect make sure that the layout is how you want it.

when its all finished register with a hosting provider (trap 17)

then upload your site

simple!!

After you get hosted, you might want to learn basic html and java. You might also want to download a trail version of dreamweaver or frontpage, that'll make your job so much easier on designing your site. When you make your first site, make sure that you can view it in other pages. Just a suggestion, make your site fluid and smooth, don't clutter everything on one page. Make it easy and fast to load.It takes a long time to learn how to build a site, so if its your first time, then go read some html books cause they really help, you should also learn css and table, they can organize your stuff and your text. I suggest you make your own template so its original and you can control over what goes on in your site. But getting a free template off some other sites may make your life easier and it can also help you learn. If you do anyload any software like frontpage or dreamweaver, any what you see is what you get software, you can load the custom template into the software and edit it there. Also, learn how to use adobe photoshop so you can edit your pictures or templates that you upload to your host. Its also a good idea to get a ftp program like fxp or cute ftp, it'll make your life so much easier. You won't have to manually use the upload button on the host's site. You make also want to list your sites on the search engines, so go to google or yahoo and get google bot or something like that to index your site. also, have an idea what kind of site you want it to be, make sure that you focus on one theme so you won't be jack of all trade master of none (which may be good or bad depending on what you think). The worst thing that can happen to your site is that no one can read the text and words on your site because you use the same background color as the text color. it may sound obvious that you shouldn't do that, but trust me, tons of people do it and i had to actually highlight the text in order to read what they wrote. Also, make sure that if your site contains a lot of picture, make them into thumbnails so they're easier to load and won't take as much bandwith.

can anyone tell me how to start making your site like were do i go to see howmany days i have and what im suppose to do to start makin it basicly....if u kno plz reply :)

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Moving from General Talk to Website Discussion > General. Please search the forum before making a new topic. This could be viewed as unwilling to do the work but expecting a quick, easy answer.

At first take host form Xisto.com

and then make one site with one cms like mambo , phpnuke or ....

you can find many script at http://www.hotscripts.com/

it's really bad question . if you want make one site for your job take tour with host provider

how to make your own site

How Do You Start Making Your Site?

Well I have my own site witch you need htmls for to add music and other things try piczo.Com you can upload pictures and more and it's great fun to explore around the site to find out what different text colours and styles you can have. It was confusing for me at first but you will find that piczo is your friend, and also they will email you if you want to now about any updates like your amount of pictures you site can hold has gone up or something like that. Email me to fine out more

Rachelholman@hotmail.Com

Have fun creating if you get the chance!

-rachel