xisto Community
mendezgarcia

Not Understanding The Credits System <br />

I can't understand this credits system well... 1. If I get the 1st package that costs 10 points, after admin approval, account creation and etc will they disappear (the points)?2. If I upgrade to the 2nd package (after getting the 1st) will I lose 20 or 30 points?3. The points are supposed to be the number of days I can remain inactive; so if I upgrade to the 2nd package this is still valid, right?This would mean the only cost of upgrading would be the 20 (or 30) points, right?Thanks :P

Basically, you get credits by forum posts. The longer and more in depth your post is, the more credits you get. You know that part though. If you want to get your first hosting account, you have to have 10 of these credits. The next level is 30 credits. You have to pay the full 30 credits to get it - just because you paid 10 before doesn't mean that you get a discount or something on the 30. You'll want to make sure that you have spare credits after this so you won't be suspended the second you get your new account. You also have to wait for the admins to approve your account and set it up.At any rate, hope I helped :P

Just to clarify (this happens often, me clarifying stuff :P)You'll get your 10 credits, pay 7-8 (not sure how many exactly) and be left with 2-3 (not sure..). That's just to get you started without being in the negatives when you upgrade/apply.You can either upgrade, or start with package 2- with 30 Credits. You'll be left with 2-3 (mentioned not sure) no matter where you stand (I upgraded when I had 48 credits, and dropped down to 2-3 :().That's the concept. When you upgrade/apply, you'll be left with enough to get you 'started' back (2-3 credits).Panda

Indeed, I had that today, when you apply for hosting, your credits will be reduced to 2. No matter what. So, if you had 100, you'll still have 2. That's, as BH said, so you can't get much credits in advance and then do nothing for half a year.

If you get the first package you lose 10 points because you need to pay Xistothen when you want to upgrade to the second package you lose 30 points again totaling 40 points you get...? If i was you i would start with the second package- well thats what im doin.. :P

This is how it goes.

If you are NOT Hosted

{

Get 10 Credits and apply for Package 1. -------> STARTER PACK

OR

Get 30 Credits and apply for Package 2.

}

If you are HOSTED (Package 1)

{

Get 30 Credits and Upgrade!

}

The next Question is, Why to have STARTER pack in first placE!

=> This is because, if you are doubtful about your posts OR don't have faith in our service Or think we are a scam Or too impatient to get your Hosting, Then, you can quickly apply for this account. This is also helpful for those people, who have Crappy posts and spam our forums and apply for hosting. For them, they get DENIAL notice before they do additional spamming trying to apply for package 2. In most of the cases, these types of members improve and get along with the forums. While some leave, which is again good for this community. As we cannot tolerate anything which harms the integrity and quality of our forums.

Why Credits are RESET!

=> I have answered this question many times. Credits system has 2 stages. In Stage 1 before you get hosted, Your hosting credits are not reduced with time. After you get hosted, the Credit calculation is changed. And enters a completely new system in which credits are reduced every second by a very very very fractional amount automatically. Each Hosting Credit represents "1 DAY (24 hours)". So If you have 50 credits, after one month, it will be 20 (Provided you don't visit our forums and don't make a single post).

OpaQue

Owner/Administrator

Xisto : Free Web Hosting

Xisto Corporation

Thanks for the explanations...

I just lost 30 points after activating my account :P
This shouldn't happen in my opinion, I don't need my points back but this isn't fair (sorry if if this sounds offensive), I think you should improve your script to avoid this from happening with new members.

Anyways, I also read that after I upgrade my account, the "credit system will change" or something; will the hosting credits "bleed" faster?

which credits are reduced every second by a very very very fractional amount automatically.

This is kinda a waste of resources in my opinion. Recalculating the credits every 24 hours seems to be more intelligent :(

LOL! That phrase is to make your understand how the script works. I have implemented the most optimized method for Calculating credits. And Also taken care of SQL queries.As for the Credits being reset, if you believe your posts are good and have confidence, then no one has stopped anyone from directly applying for package 2.

As for the Credits being reset, if you believe your posts are good and have confidence, then no one has stopped anyone from directly applying for package 2.

Well, I didn't know that my credits would be reset. Anyways, I am not sure if I am even going to need Package 2, maybe for some bandwidth... But as I asked before, will my credits "bleed" faster if I take Package 2?

I also went with the starter pack to "test the waters", so to speak. As well, I was considering how much webspace I actually see myself using so I decided to start small and if it turned out that I needed more space I would apply for Package 2. So that's what I did within the first month, and my credits were reset both times. Now, I'm mainly maintaining (and slowly building) the credits to when I don't have to post often.

will my credits "bleed" faster if I take Package 2?

185104[/snapback]

No. The only difference between package 1 and 2 are the hosting space and allowed monthly bandwidth. Otherwise, the level of service is identical! :ph34r: And when Xisto says, 1 credit = 1 day of free web hosting is true for both packages. And as shigajet says, your credit will be reset when upgrading your hosting plan. It will reset, currently, to 2.