xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
pingusurf

Can Anyone Modify Php File Can anyone modify PHP file

well you can use notepad do to that, but i been seeing alot of posts about php edits if you use the search menu you might find some.but i use notepad and sometimes dreamweaver.

Saint_Michael is right. All you really need is Notepad. Simply right click the file, and select Open With, then choose Notepad. If you need further assistance, phpbb.com is a great place to seek help.

It sounds like pingusurf is looking for WYSIWYG PHP editor, (something like Frontpage etc.) so he can see PHP output. I don't know if there is such a thing. I think Dreamweaver will allow you to see the layout, but it won't let you see any results of PHP functions/commands because you need to have PHP running on a Web Server for that.You can sort of do it if you run a Personal Web Server with PHP running and then 'browse' to the page with your web browser. This will allow you see PHP output but it is a little fiddly to setup. I used to do this but I now I find it easier to upload the page to a server to view the results.

dreamweaver is what i use, now i'm not saying that it's going to render the php code perfectly but it will allow you to see the full page without the code. Like if you using includes and such. It will bring then in and allow you to alter them a will save your changes in the included file. Haven't really found any other, but the best and fastest way to do it, is to get familiar with html code, not that hard either. round

As far as I am aware there are no WYSIWYG editors for PHP, but if you install PHP, Apache and probably MySQL on your home PC then you can view the outputs, although you only need MySQL for databases.

It is a lot of work, so I would suggest just editing them on Xisto. I think there is a file editor in cPanel. If not then use net2ftp to edit the files 'live' on T17.

I just basically usually use notepad, if I want to test it I just "run" it on the website. Makes debugging a little tough but does the trick none the less.

Hmm, I wonder if you could accomplish this using some Ajax type code. It's not exactly what you're looking for, but I did find a livesearch example with source code here: https://blog.liip.ch/archive/2004/07/06/livesearch-got-keyboard-access.html Maybe you could use the dynamic xmlhttprequest to send source code instead of queries, and the serverside php script accepting the live input could save it to a file and then call a second php script that includes the file and returns the output to the user. That would be pretty cool if it worked.

DREAMWEAVER is THE BEST software.

ZEND STUDIO is recommended for advanced users.....

183860[/snapback]

Are you sure you know what you are talking about?

Dreamweaver does the layout only as far as I know, it's like using normal HTML.

Zend studio is just a modified text editor to highlight php, give you hints and etc. If you want one of these, use PHP Designer 2005 (post above)

There is no WYSIWYG editor for PHP. However, you can install Apache on your own PC so it will be easier to test your PHP programs...

Best of luck :P