xisto Community
cse-icons

Ipod Nano New Ipod

Oblig futurama : "Amy?! Did you swallow your phone again?"Seriously though - miniaturisation is getting a bit too excessive. Why didn't they just update the iPod mini line with bigger harddrives instead of making a smaller version? Personally, i'd rather have a reasonably chunky 6gb iPod than a slim, fragile-lookin 4gb Nano.[ Just my $0.02 ]

I got to check one of these out at the apple store in the mall. They don't feel fragile at all and is easy to operate. It uses flash memory, which offers more shock protection then a hard drive. Though it is on the expensive side considering you can get 16 gb more for 50 more dollars. But other wise it's ok. But no added functionality over the mini besides photo capablilities is quite a drawback.

I've been an iPod user since the second gen. came out. If it weren't for the color screen and photo viewing capabilities, I would still have my 3rd gen., as I prefer its layout the most. At the moment I'm rocking out with a 40gig 4th gen. I, personally, do not see the point behind the mini or the nano. That is, other than something for teenage girls or giggle over. They are far overpriced, and they are just too damned small.

aww the new ipod nano, Well I checked it out on the site and imediatly thought it was too small. I loved the mini's size. I think it's perfect. I've owned a 4th generation 20 gig and a 4th gen 40 gig. Out of those two I prefered the 20 gig. It was more slim and I didn't have more than 5 gigs of music I actually listened to on there. So as a music player I think the 6 gig mini with 18 hours battery life is perfect for me. However when the ipod photo came out, it got alot of people thinking about more multimedia purposes, an ipod video prehaps in the making? Not likely. But I would buy a 60 gig ipod photo if you could view videos on the TV with it through the AV dock. The photo slideshows with music are fun though. But for me who values music from an mp3 player is content with most ipods. back to the subject, It really matters what you value in your mp3 player. If you like the photos, or even the photo slideshows avoid the nano. The pics resolution is less. and there is no AV dock capabilities, (thats a big negative for me). Most of the original adapters wont work on the new Nano, becuase of the new unique headphone jack. But If your like me, the 6 gig mini with 18 hours of battery life is perfect. On the other hand if you like small cute devices, you just want a little bit of everything, the the Nano has it all for you: size, pics, 4 gigs etc. I guess time will tell, we will have to see if Apple comes out with some new features exclusivly for the nano.

I just saw the iPod nano commercials here in Japan, too. Thing is, I already bought an iPod Shuffle a couple of months ago. As much as I'm tempted to purchase one (no matter how small it may be), I'll stick with the Shuffle, as it has a lot of things I like. Since I also don't spend my time looking at the screen, I'm debating whether I really need the nano (other than trying to purchase the latest toy).

Not only does it look great, you can get the laser engraving for free! I really like the black color and its the first of it kind to have color. That will spice up the music some more! The only thing that would be bad is if someone pick pocketed the Nano, you would never know because it is so light!

I love my new iPod nano...i was so close to getting a mini....about a week away then i seen the new i Pod nanos and i was all like hell yeah.....i am a broadcasting major so i really enjoy my ipod gives me something to listen to whe i have to play bad music.....the smallness of it is nice too thou i have mistaken it for my dorm room key card, but only once and it was late :P

After saying those things about the MP3 player..I've decided to buy one , the 4gb one as it's extremely cheap. Anyways I went out today to get it and it weren't even out in the shops yet.. :P so that's stupid...and I was really looking forward to using it for school as school breaks can be so dull these days.I think most people wont buy the new IPOD NANO as they've already invested in a new IPOD MINI or IPOD... :( unless they sell their ipods, so I guess I'm kind of relieved I didn't buy the other ipods and waited for a small cute color screened one.Some may say it's stupid and that for a littler bit more money you could get an ipod and store like 10,000 songs instead of 1,000 songs in it. But I think the size, thiness, color screen and the cheap price is a plus.There was only one thing I wasn't quite so sure about...The life of the batteries, they only can recharge to a limit of about 2 years, then you have got to buy a new one from the apple shop which will cost about 30-40 pounds... 180+40=220 pounds..I mean that's just a rip off. And most people would probably use their mp3's for about 5 years so when I do that twice it will come up to 260...and mannn if you keep going on the amount of money spent on it...you could of use it to buy an Ipod Color 60GB one... which can hold 15 times more than the nano.Oh and my mums friend can get a one for more than 40 pounds cheaper..not stolen of course...and brand new :P But even my MUM think it's cheap...and it's hard to please that woman.. {if you don't like nano's think about the irivers... awesome stuff for awesome prices... just a little fat and ugly.}

Does anyone knwo the price in US dollars? I want to get a ipod because I ride the train alot to get to work and school but here in NY the ipods are not so safe to get because people would kill to get one. I would always keep mine covered so all u would see are the white earphones. Which means I am still taking a risk. Speaking about ti now I just might not get one but somone pl tell me how much it cost in US dollars. Thanks in advanced.

Does anyone knwo the price in US dollars? I want to get a ipod because I ride the train alot to get to work and school but here in NY the ipods are not so safe to get because people would kill to get one. I would always keep mine covered so all u would see are the white earphones. Which means I am still taking a risk. Speaking about ti now I just might not get one but somone pl tell me how much it cost in US dollars. Thanks in advanced.

187078[/snapback]

It's like $199 for the 2gb one which can hold 500 and $249 or something like that.. o.O to buy the 4gb one which holds 1000 songs.. It's on the website. I'm not sure if the 4gb price I said is right though.