xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Microsoft

Changing I.p. Adress

I'm sure you get banned more than one way besides just your IP address.

well from my expertise on ip switching i was able to get back on to another website and they have no clue about it, so as long as you don't let them know its you then you would be fine.but no ip switching is not considered hacking unless you decide to do some hacking like using bogus ip numbers to make it harder for people to find you or something like that.

Nah - Networking 101, here ya go.When you connect your modem to the phone/cable line, you really connect to a DHCP server at your provider's 'base'. That server 'randomly' assigns IP addresses to each computer (or group of computers) on the 'network'. However if your provider affixes you a fixed IP address, then that server verifys the MAC (Machine address code? lol) address of your hardware, and verifys it with their database. If it's the same, then it affixes you the IP address they gave you.Changing said IP address can be done by forcing the server to re-roll. It could be illegal by your provider's TOS, so check their stuff before playing too much, but it's not likely.True, if you're IP banned, you can re-roll your IPs and re-logon to whatever place it may be. That's why some people ban complete ranges of IP addresses, and eliminate chances of people visiting their site they don't want to.Panda - Hopes this explained it...

dont let this topic go so far that you have to post url's about hacking and stuff... this will get you warned maybe banned. So watch which websites you post.

Is Changing the IP adress consider hacking? Well, If you get banned , its by the IP adress if you change it you can enter again your not banned :/ common sense  :ph34r:

183419[/snapback]

If you really want to get to a banned site you can use a web proxy, which loads the site on the proxy's IP and returns it to you, but it really gets annoying sometimes, because alot of scripts dont work on proxies.

If you can change your IP address using a proxy, then you are covering your trail. It is not hacking, it is something anyone can do easily if you are using Firefox. If the proxy IP you are using gets banned, all you have to do is change it again. There is really no way to completely stop someone from going to something they are banned from, but I suppose that depends on what level of access users vs. gusts are granted. I know that for phpBB, you must have a valid IP address to be able to sign into forums. If the permissions are set so that only registered members can post, but guests cannot, then you must register on the phpBB forum and use your real IP in order for it to work. So, like I said, it all depends on where you go.

How do you change your IP?  What steps do you have to take, I mean.

183680[/snapback]

I think if you call up your isp and tell them that you think you are being hacked and you would like a new ip they will gladly give it to you. but if you do this too many times they may get suspicious and not do you the favor anymore. if you have dsl then you get a new ip everytime you sign on. cable on the other hand has static ip, ips stay the same until they change them.

i think thats how it goes. can someone confirm this?

You can change your IP by unplugging your modem and plugging it back in, just as thablkpanda has said.You can also spoof your IP, using a proxy, which I've posted a tutorial about in the tutorials section :huh: so it can't be illegal :PYou can have a mac addy ban as well, which is EXTREMELY hard to get by.

I think if you call up your isp and tell them that you think you are being hacked and you would like a new ip they will gladly give it to you. but if you do this too many times they may get suspicious and not do you the favor anymore. if you have dsl then you get a new ip everytime you sign on. cable on the other hand has static ip, ips stay the same until they change them.

i think thats how it goes. can someone confirm this?

191896[/snapback]

there are other ways to do it yourself, i just forgot by now.

Follow the below steps for changing IP address in Windows XP:
1.Start->Run->Cmd->Press Enter
2.Type in "ipconfig/release" for Current IP address and
3.Then type "ipconfig/renew" for New IP address .

You can also change your IP address by this way,

If it is static IP,you cannot change it.Static IP will not change even when you reset the modem.You have to contact your Internet Service provider(ISP) for changing static IP.If your IP address is dynamic,it will change whenever you reset the modem.You can check your IP address by using Ip-details.com .