xisto Community
Saint_Michael

Internet Explorer 7 Beta I and its at my favorite site

If you are running it on xp, just go into control panel, add/remove programs, then at the top click show updates. Then look through the list for IE7 as an update and just uninstall it, it will then go back to IE 6. Now my question for anyone is how do you uninstall it in Vista, I have Vista and have tried the method that I just described and its not there, I also look in the windows updates area and looked a all the updates I have installed and its not there, I am trying to uninstall it so that I can use Beta 3.

Why can't you just install over it? Just do it that way...

Ok, so if you are trying to install IE6 over IE7 it will not install because says that IE7 is a newer version and thus can't be installed, but for Vista I found that microsoft has not released a version of IE7 that thinks its compatable, I have IE7 beta 2 and I was trying to update to beta 3, but it says that my OS is not supported, so untill microsoft gets there act togethere I can only use beta 2 and the other browsers, like firefox. Its rather anoying.

hmm.. i'll definately try this. i try everything t least once... its just that my previous expierences with ie were really bad. i got flooded with spyware, viruses and what not which all miraculously stopped after switching to firefox. ;T if ie7 is as stable and proteted as they claim it to be i may stick with it but firefox being so basic and easy to use has my vote for teh time being.