xisto Community
dymondgurl

Should I Call Him relationship advice needed

this might seem like a weird question, I didn't see if it was addressed here, but have you met this guy in Texas and you're in a long distance relationship, or have you just been talking to him online and on the phone?

183922[/snapback]

Texas and I are not in a relationship we are friends. We have talked online and over the phone.

okay. I've been in a situation before where I talked to someone online and over the phone for a year and a half and thought that they were the best person for me, passing up on guys who were around and perfectly fine because I had strong feelings for the one who was far away.

There is only so much you are going to be able to know about this Texas guy without meeting him. Seeing pictures, talking on the phone, chatting and sending emails- even if you've poured out your souls- there are still bits of his personality you are not going to know about. The way he treats other people, the way he looks at you, how he flips the channels on the tv,

how, when he eats it sounds like someone clipping their toenails, his overall demeanor... these are things that, since you can't know them, in your head you've made them out to be great.

Sometimes I've found myself thinking about the ex-boyfriend that I had my longest relationship and most painful breakup with just around the time that I meet someone new. I've realized that maybe it's not him I am thinking about, but the thought of getting into another relationship. Going over the things that have gone wrong, wondering if that's going to happen again.

okay. I've been in a situation before where I talked to someone online and over the phone for a year and a half and thought that they were the best person for me, passing up on guys who were around and perfectly fine because I had strong feelings for the one who was far away.

There is only so much you are going to be able to know about this Texas guy without meeting him. Seeing pictures, talking on the phone, chatting and sending emails- even if you've poured out your souls- there are still bits of his personality you are not going to know about. The way he treats other people, the way he looks at you, how he flips the channels on the tv, 

how, when he eats it sounds like someone clipping their toenails, his overall demeanor... these are things that, since you can't know them, in your head you've made them out to be great.

Sometimes I've found myself thinking about the ex-boyfriend that I had my longest relationship and most painful breakup with just around the time that I meet someone new. I've realized that maybe it's not him I am thinking about, but the thought of getting into another relationship. Going over the things that have gone wrong, wondering if that's going to happen again.

183931[/snapback]

wow is all I can say. You have been a eye opener for me. Your right I like someone who I have no way of seeing all there flaws unless I am with them. I don't plan on being in Texas anytimes soon. And yes I do miss being in a relationship and not my ex. He wasn't any good to me in the end but the relationship we had was memorable. I am going to give my childhood friend a chance because I like him.

OMG did you say 7years and 9 months thats amazing yes your right you need to give it some time and you need to tell this new boy that its not him but the relationship youve just come out from tell him to please give it some time and in the meanwhile just try to get to know eachother more

OMG did you say 7years and 9 months thats amazing

yes your right you need to give it some time and you need to tell this new boy that its not him but the relationship youve just come out from tell him to please give it some time and in the meanwhile just try to get to know eachother more

184653[/snapback]

I finally spoke to the texas guy and eh told me to call the new guy. He said we are too far to be anything to each other right now. Which is very true. I called my child hood friend but when he answered I hung up. I couldn't say anything for some reason. I feel like I am 17 all over again. I am going to call him back soon though. I feel i should give him a try. So as soon as i get my courage back I will call him.

So the guy in Texas has given me his okay to try out a relationship with my childhood friend. Texas and I don't speak that much anymore seeing how he is always so busy. My childhood friend came and visited me yesterday and we spoke for about 2 hours. He is truly a wonderful person from what i can tell so far. He makes me :P liek this when i see him or even think about him. He and I decided to try a relationship but we are going to take it slow. Thanks for all the feedback from everyone who had helped me in my time of need.

thats good to hear dymond, and my thinking was right about the guy from texas, so let us know any new progress thats going on.

thats good to hear dymond, and my thinking was right about the guy from texas, so let us know any new progress thats going on.

187072[/snapback]

Thanks mike and I will keep you all up to date. :P

Okay here is a quick update. The Tx guy and I are officially a couple. yes I took a chance because I really and truly like him. My child hood friend asked me to be his gurl 2 days ago but I told him I dunno because I did not tell him about the guy in tx. That's because my child hood friend has been playing childish game with me. He will call me and ask me can he come visit me and when he is suppose to come he always has a excuse why he can't. So I stopped taking him seriously. I am ignoring him right now until I get up the energy to tell him no I don't want to be his girlfriend because he plays childish games. The guy in tx knows all about my situation with my childhood friend though.

Hi:Does he have your phone number? Is it possible that he could call you?I know this is a little bit off topic, but I think it would be better if he called you. Perhaps if you run into him again, you could give him your number. Sunkist

Hi:

Does he have your phone number?  Is it possible that he could call you?

I know this is a little bit off topic, but I think it would be better if he called you.  Perhaps if you run into him again, you could give him your number. 

Sunkist

194939[/snapback]

My childhood friend has my phone number yes. New update Tx and I are not getting along as well as before but we are taking things day by day. My childhood friend asked me to be his gurl and I told him I dunno because I didn't want to hurt his feelings. And I recently found out that my childhood friend is in jail so that's why i haven't heard from him in about 2 weeks or so.

does he like me or am I a fool

Should I Call Him

I got asked to the movies from this great guy he's polite opens the doors it a perfect gentlemen and as the date is ending he kisses me on the cheek my question is he has never given me his phone number and he says I will call you some time this week I want to go out with you again, but its the next day after the movies and he has not called, if it he just not that into me? I like him but I don't want to come on to strong any opinons would help

-question by Alice

Well yeah give your self a new chance to try going out with new people and whatever. If the break up with your ex was really bad like you were saying then yeah I wouldn't recomend trying things with the same person so Id say go out see what works for you. If you got various options like other people that you may see your self with in the future with then go ahead and call :3 shouldn't hurt to much if he says no witch I doubt ;) . Plus since he's known you for a quite a while it wont be just puppy love like most guys like a girl beacuse they're hot or cute or whatever. And since you know the person really good it wont end in disaster like last time so whats to lose? worst thing would be to be just friends again.