xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
nelimitat

Microsoft Unveils New Start.com

MSN on Thursday took the wraps off a new version of its Start.com customizable portal. The new version includes support to indicate what feeds have been read or unread, automatic updates, as well as capabilities to show more or fewer headlines based on a user's preference.

It sure takes a while to load, almost as long as an Invision Power Board. Is this going to be the automatic home page to new installs of Internet Explorer and users who do not know how to change the home page as opposed to msn.com or whatever it is now?

Hi, i had never seen such portal, its great... When did it first came to light or what did the other version looked like? Wow, you can do a lot of things, i dont know if you could in the older versions of the portal but now you can place your sections wherever you like (in the graphic interface), just by dragging off the title of the section and releasing it where it fits...

Yea, like what CopperZepher said... it loads like a forum. It takes awhile to load it, they need to get some better servers running on it.This is a lot like what google has. I don't know if you have to have a gmail account to get this feature, but you can do basically everything that start.com does on google. It's is quite nice to have but i still like having my homepage set as http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/ so I can know about anything that goes on with blizzard.xJedix

OK, I use Opera so all I saw of their homepage was a search bar, even when identifying myself as IE. Using FireFox I could see the whole thing, and it reminds me of the Google homepage. Again Microsoft steals someone elses ideas, but I still prefer the Google homepage, as I can actually load it and view it.

LOL i was using Opera also and it only displayed a search bar.. nothing else.. So where is the improvment?? :ph34r:Now with Firefox i could see the real stuff. It does take a while to load. :( They need to change that, if they want to make this a "Start" Portal.It looks very nice, good content, well organized but it's still on it's "Preview" stage, and for me I already saw better. :D