xisto Community
midnightvamp

Please Take A Look At My New Site! The Chromlea Language Tutor

I'm learning Chinese, and already know Spanish, and this was still nice to be reminded of. Even better, it's not too graphics intensive for me to access on my PDA. Next time I have any business confrontations with non-english originating speakers, I'll at least know how to open my conversation.Excellent work, organized, and not cluttered (guess that's the same as organized)9.2/10 (.8 points for lack of Chinese Support, because that'd own if my teacher knew I knew some Chinese.. lol)

Great site and great idea to get it populated with others help.

I tried a Japanese and Lithuainian.

Hi, I just finished up this site - The Chromlea Language Tutor, and was hoping that you all could take a look... tell me what you think.

I already had this site, but I redid the entire thing, and then moved it over to Xisto, because obviously this is the best hosting there is... so I'm happy that I've finally got it up and running.

And hey... take a look at the forms! I'm very proud of those. Sorry... as some of you know from a few days ago, many posts and and man-hours went into those things. Forms obviously aren't my strong point when it comes to web-site construction. It took a *lot* of help from the people at these boards. To which I thank you a million times over.

Anyway, take a look... and of course, if you happen to see something that is all messed up, be sure to let me know about it. Thanks.

Here's the link:

Chromlea Language Tutor

(Mind you, the link should be in my signature too, but oh well...)

180692[/snapback]

that is a cool site and helpful but i can't believe you don't have my language in there ;) (which is Albanian).. anyways, cool site colors, and the whole site looks nice. good job.

nice design and layout, for qhat your going for. hey midnight if you need help go to insultmonger.com, about 100-150 languages you can say naughty stuff to people, and i did its a riot. But since this Xisto hosting i don't recommend it, since your a good person overall.but yeah do like a bio page for the language and that will give it some more depth in the design as well, and maybe a phrase of the day script that says something in that language would look cool as well.

I like the idea, very much, really I think it is needed very much..About the design, I can tell you that it is very organized and easy to manage..colours,hm..you got some harmony on your site it didn't boder to eyes..My rate for the website is 10/10. ;) And a little suggestion, you didn't think to put some other languages to? For example Serbian? :o

Nice site, and much better idea. Design could be better though. I think it's going to look much better when populated with content (languages and translations). You migh consider doing some PHP and MySql programming when site grows bigger, because this way you wont have 300+ html documents.All in all, well done.I rate it: 8/10One more thing: when I subbmited a form it took me to siple white page with text "Thank you! Message sent!" or something like that, but it would be much better if you could put that on the actual site. If I had more time I could write a script that accepts all the form input, sends you email notification, and displays "successful" message when done, but I'm too busy righ now. Look for that script on hotscripts.com or similar site. Im sure there is something that suits you needs.

Notice from cmatcmextra:
Merged double posts

Very nice site, indeed, it could look better, but it's a very good idea. I'm dutch speaking english well and a bit french and german, so if you need help with dutch or something pm me. I'd like to give my support. Keep up the good work.

Very nice site, indeed, it could look better, but it's a very good idea. I'm dutch speaking english well and a bit french and german, so if you need help with dutch or something pm me. I'd like to give my support. Keep up the good work.

holey moley..what an excellent idea..I think it's totally awesome and .. I'm going to have to add that to my favourites..!!!! The layout is not as impressive but it's o.k. !!

A very informative website and lots of ways to keep growing because learning never stops and the same could go with your website. It is a very interesting website. And the simplicity of the site attracts me. Though it looks simple but it is easy to navigate around which is the best part any website has to offer to the visitors. My only wish is that you edit the header of the forum where you could keep all the navigation links to the mainpage menu and this way when the forum is clicked it will not open in a new browser, it could be opened in the same browser because when pop-up blocker is in place opening in a new browser will not open at all, this could be annoying stuff to the site visitor. Secondly, the cell-padding should be in place so that the letters don't touch the margin of the border. The rest are very good. Keep up the good work!