xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Kim

Poll: What's Your Eating Style? Alone, semi-alone, or in a group?

Please answer this question based on your experience in a school/work dining hall. After you get your food, you prefer to  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I prefer eating alone. This way, you don't have to talk, and eating gets done faster. Plust, it's more of a personal and private thing for me. I don't like the idea of someone watching me as I eat... opening my mouth, and swallowing the food. Sometimes I wonder if people may thing I'm being sloppy, but that all depends on if it's finger food or not. :) If I have to eat with someone, I will however, as long as they don't stare at me or look at me as they're drinking something. Those two things in particular really tick me off sometimes.

I prefer eating with my some kind of respectful friends because I get nervous sitting all alone without someone to talk to. Everytime when I'm alone in a public place and see everyone else talking to someone they know, I become left out and tend to look everyone in the eye wierd. If I am depressed or upset, I would really want to be alone.

why eat alone? thats so boring, you must be really anti social. that can be a problem. or probably you just dont like people to see you eat? heh thats childish i dont understand the people that wud chose b or c but thats who they are and i guess if theyre fine with it then let it be

Kinda depends on where I am.. o.oIf I'm at home I eat with my family, and if I'm at school I eat with my friends... although not much eating gets done, then, because of all the chatting and horseplay XDBut if I'm at work, I kinda go out of my way to eat alone. My coworkers just seem to want to complain about stuff, it's annoying to sit with them; I'd rather read manga or listen to jpop on my break. Everyone seems to think I'm weird for liking Japanese stuff.. and computer stuff.. so I just eat by myself. Yummy. ^^

I don't know that this is an eating style we're being polled about here. I'd say it's more that of a social thing. Eating style, to me would mean how often, how healthy, those types of things. I do think that it's a good way to look at how a person is socially, find out a part of their personality.

For me, it depends. I like spending time with friends; mostly, however, I'm a loner. To be perfectly honest, there have been times my friends have been over, (including my kinda boyfriend!) and they've sat and watched tv while I play on the computer in another room. Granted, our conversations keep going despite the multiple rooms... LOLIn dining rooms, however, 99 times out of 100, I sit by myself with a book. I have to have gone IN with someone to sit with them. Otherwise, I don't seek anyone out.On the other hand, don't mind if people sit beside me - if they can find room around all my stuff. ^-^;